Do you think this would be a good addition?

Yes 9 75.00%
No 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

[GAMEPLAY SUGGESTION] Add a "request assistance" command

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Pinging a spot on the map seems second nature to us by now, yet its usefulness is undeniable in teamwork. But sometimes when we ping, we also have to type out what we want to convey as well, and that can be a big problem if you are being chased or if you are unable to hold back an enemy push on your lane. While you're typing, you can't really fight or use abilities, so those brief few seconds of trying to correct your spelling could be costly.

Here's what I suggest: make an extra command that pings your own Champion and says in the chat box "John Doe is requesting assistance", or something of the like. This would say a great deal in an instant, and wouldn't force you to have to type out "need help" when you should otherwise be trying to get Warwick off your tail.

Post comments below and tell me what you think.

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Bump.

Seriously, I think this could be extremely beneficial to a lot of players. Think about it.

For example, you are jungling, but suddenly Nunu pops up at exactly the wrong time. You're damaged from fighting an Ancient Golem, and Nunu could take you out fairly easily if you try to slug it out with him. But with him slowing you, odds are he'll be able to kill you anyway. Your only saving grace is that you are close to an ally.

What would you rather have to do: press a single button that says "HELP!!!", or have to type something out while Nunu is tearing you a new one?

DOTAmakesMeLOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

In game chat?

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Sorta. What I mean is that you'd just press a button (let's say Y for now since it's unused), and on the minimap it will ping your Champion and say in chat "DOTAmakesMeLOL is requesting assistance". It'd be kinda like pinging an enemy Champion or a tower, but pinging you to tell your team that you're in trouble.

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Or.. you know... Riot could just make VoIP for LoL.

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraux View Post
Or.. you know... Riot could just make VoIP for LoL.
That would work too. But maybe they could also add this just to cover all their bases, in case some players don't have headsets.

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Bump.

Yousosmart

03-08-2011

Bump again.

Yousosmart

03-09-2011

Bump.