2on1 Characters - Looking for alternatives

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LyraOrpheo

03-08-2011

Probably on "hard" level of difficulty but I'd propose Gangplank

A gangplank that knows what he's doing will farm with Parrley and deny minions when possible. Because you're getting all the exp and they're sharing it, the exp denying will be more notable.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyraOrpheo View Post
Probably on "hard" level of difficulty but I'd propose Gangplank

A gangplank that knows what he's doing will farm with Parrley and deny minions when possible. Because you're getting all the exp and they're sharing it, the exp denying will be more notable.
Rember the minion deny order Super Minions (ok you shouldn't really be denying at this point probably)>>>Tank Minions>>>Melee Minions>>> Caster Minions also try out the different styles of GP, Critplank is the most used basicly extremely squishy Q spam and auto attack when there are no nukes left on the enemy team because of no survivability, Tankplank basicly build CDR with tank items and run in, and Mageplank, heavy heal, low CD, lichbane procs Q for more "consistant" but less damage than if you crit with critplank.

StrongGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSortOfDuck View Post
Vladimir. He doesn't need runes to be very effective and he rapes at soloing. The enemies can have their fun at the lower levels but when Vlad reaches 9 he's pretty much a killing machine.
the only one who can EFFECTIVELY lane (minimal turret dmg, farm minions, harass champs) /thread

edit: we are assuming they arent total fail and die to a solo shen

Something Snazzy

03-09-2011

Blitz is the most fun to pubstomp with. Wait until level 5-6 or so while chilling under your turret without ever using grab. Even really good players will eventually push a little too much if you never use grab. Then, simply wait until the enemy minions are out of range of your tower and **** someone over.

Balistyc

03-09-2011

Since you are using Morgana I am assuming you have AP or Mana runes and like that kind of play.

I would recomend my favorite Heimer, best at farming and the slow push up to the tower with his turrets. His CC makes it hard to gank him and his turrets make CC useless early game. He doesn't get the glorius kills like some other champs so don't push him or you will over extend.

Or Fiddle - Darkwind build, he is soft but he can farm from a distance and the silence starts to spread a lot (CC champs have a hard time grabbing you when they can't cast). The drain and fear lvl1 keeps you standing and scares the other team early game, when jungler gank isn't available. (same issues as Lux and mana)

Or Sion (a little different play style) - He has the shield for early survivability/farming and the stun for grabbing that over extended champ. You should also build up his E really fast when solo, and the early HP helps a lot.

Madagan

03-09-2011

Nasus and Cho'gath are both very capable of handling a 1v2 lane, if enemy minions begin to build up they have reliable AoE to minimize tower damage, they are very durable and if their enemies leave the lane they can push incredibly fast

LoveYuRi

03-09-2011

1 vs 2.

Akali

Nidalee

shen actually could 1 vs 2 but u need to build him properly. (as a main on shen, i can say this 80% win on shen on ranked games right now)
Rammus
Morde
Nunu

Cant think right now but ill add more later.

Craixis

03-09-2011

GP isn't bad for a 1v2, just he has it rough against strong harass lanes.

I mean, denying 2 people and gaining a large amount of EXP yourself is insane, it also leaves top vulnerable for ganks (the enemy's can't pull their lane, while GP can). I wouldn't use tiamat myself (not a fan of it), but something like Sheen gives you a pretty rough edge early game (some GPs grab Philo stone due to how powerful its effect on laning is, even if you never build it up from Philo Stone, its an insane item to have for increased gold and lane presence).

Morde isn't too shabby a solo, depends on the player though. Nasus is an obvious choice, he's very very good at keeping people off his turret. MF can harass via minion waves and last hitting, and her high move speed makes her difficult to catch (plus MF with a level advantage, ohh the pain). Ashe isn't that bad either, as her Volley can be used to farm at a safe distance or counter zoning tactics (Plus that auto crit can make enemies have to b sooner then intended if you can use it right).

Many champs handle the lane really well, depends heavily on the player skill and the enemies their up against (Xin/Shen combo wrecks just about any top lane there is though).

Aiwlhe

03-10-2011

Vlad. just get sanguine pool for lvl 2 in case someone stuns u in a bad position. Play a lil fafe at the beginning but when you get transfusion maxed or nearly maxed you're good to go

Jebbou

03-10-2011

Alright, thanks for the comments guys. That's a lot of options to begin with. All of Gragas, Maokai, Nidalee, Blitz and Vlad suggestions had some upthumbs and they all seem fun to play.

Whould Tarik, Mundo, Sion or Pantheon be considered a good options? They can soak some damage, and have some useful abilities (CC or harass).

I was also wondering how good Janna or Kayle would be doing, since they have ranged attacks and some defensive options (and both have some sort of crowd control that can be useful when the jungler comes out and gank).