New Maps???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigT420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Ok, So when you go to create custom game, it shows you the map of all the different regions. Are these numerous regions going to become new maps to LoL?

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

03-07-2011

Eventually yes, but they are a long way out.

BigT420

03-07-2011

I KNEW IT!!! i cant wait. do you think there will be a 10v10?

colloquial

Emissary of the League

03-07-2011

Riot (specifically Morello) is very against increasing the team sizes past 5v5. At least for the current game mode, no word on possible new game modes. The main reason for this is balance, but there are other considerations as well.

Quote 1. Quote 2. Quote 3.

BigT420

03-07-2011

cool cool. i wouldn't even care if they didnt make a 10v10. i just want a new map to play on!!!

colloquial

Emissary of the League

03-07-2011

Well Magma Chambers is the next map announced to come out.

You can see some teaser/concept art for it that Riot released to the EU press here. It'll be out at the same time as the graphics overhaul, but no word on when that is yet.

BigT420

03-07-2011

Ok. Thank you for all the help. Most appreciated.

Wurmtoken

03-07-2011

New LoL maps are kinda like Nessie or Santa Clause, they may exist or have existed and there are plenty of pictures and stories but you probably won't see the real deal during your lifetime.

Tempname 17D

03-07-2011

the magma chamber is looking at around 1.5 - 2.5 years to make. that is the second (not including base map, summoner's rift) to make. granted, riot is focusing on much different things right now, so it will speed up in the future, but still.

Ignignokkt

03-07-2011

Soon