Any deaf/HoH players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
You do make a good point. You can convey a lot information with elaborate pinging, particularly if you're setup with a premade that's in on the coding system. You won't have audio cue of the ping, however, and would have to watch the minimap like a hawk to see them go off.

Ping on person, ping on location = You move here.
Double ping on person = B.
Two pings separated in a general area = Caution, enemies sighted here.
Double ping on location = Move here as a team.
Double ping on Nexus = Everyone B.
Double ping on person, ping on location = Use your thing here (Ashe arrow, Blitz hook, etc).

It would be cool if you could superimpose a large, translucent minimap right smack in the middle of the screen so you'd be able to notice pings in your primary field of vision rather than peripheral vision.
Great concept for the pinging code - however, it'll always have to be simple and easy to understand. Because complex pinging would take intense attention and it's still subject to human error. Players can mistake or forget what the 6 pings I just did meant. Even if the pinging thing works with a good premade, a premade with skype/vent still has the advantage.

I really like your idea of a transluscent, centered map! Too often I get ganked during a small team fight because I didn't hear or was too distracted to see the ping.

@Nutz - I guess. xD

Morinav

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
Great concept for the pinging code - however, it'll always have to be simple and easy to understand. Because complex pinging would take intense attention and it's still subject to human error. Players can mistake or forget what the 6 pings I just did meant. Even if the pinging thing works with a good premade, a premade with skype/vent still has the advantage.

I really like your idea of a transluscent, centered map! Too often I get ganked during a small team fight because I didn't hear or was too distracted to see the ping.

@Nutz - I guess. xD
Yeah, you can only go so far with ping encoding but it's a start. It's definitely hard to beat real time voice communication for richness of information transmission.

Are you completely deaf or do you have some degree of hearing?

rearRranged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I'm blind, not deaf!

SharkPiledriver

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
Ping on person, ping on location = You move here.
Double ping on person = B.
Two pings separated in a general area = Caution, enemies sighted here.
Double ping on location = Move here as a team.

Double ping on Nexus = Everyone B.
Double ping on person, ping on location = Use your thing here (Ashe arrow, Blitz hook, etc).
I know these two, did you make the rest up? Or are all of these real? If they are - thanks. I didn't know all of these.

Tiny Angry Crab

03-07-2011

Quote:
i play with the sound off to counter my graphic lag
Do you get that thing where when you turn on game sound your fps gets destroyed?