Any deaf/HoH players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OptimisticC

03-07-2011

There was a troll thread a bit ago about making deaf-only player team but, naturally, it got downvoted and closed.

However, I'm curious as to how many deaf or hard of hearing people play LoL.

In fact, I'm looking forward to adding some people to play games together.

Anyone?

MarthaJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I know 1 that plays

Insomniah

03-07-2011

i play with the sound off to counter my graphic lag

Biomagus

03-07-2011

i CANT HEAR YOU

Rockondudes

03-07-2011

Wha...

Never played with sound.. just with music.. so that counts me as loldeaf?

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I know sign language.. that's about it...

Trazz

03-07-2011

No wonder no one ever notices my pings.

OptimisticC

03-07-2011

Being able to hear is being able to utilize programs such as Vent or Skype.

During a fight, you're usually concentrating all of your efforts on the fight and not the chat. For example, I play Nidalee often and as a poker/support. This means watching the other team's healths for prime targets with javelins. At the same time, I'm trying to keep mine healthy and buffed with my heal, and setting up traps to cover gank and exit routes. Finally, during all of this, stopping in place to type out a general command is risky, often fatal. Like how my team finally gets an ace, breaks mid, but heads to the side cannons just as the enemy carry respawns. While I'm trying to harass the enemy and keep the minions pushing and my team capped at a moderately high health, it's difficult to find the time to type out a lengthy command.

This is where Skype/Vent comes into. You can talk. You can hear. You can utilize far more teamwork.

I can't. But that doesn't stop me from trying my best.

Morinav

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
Being able to hear is being able to utilize programs such as Vent or Skype.

During a fight, you're usually concentrating all of your efforts on the fight and not the chat. For example, I play Nidalee often and as a poker/support. This means watching the other team's healths for prime targets with javelins. At the same time, I'm trying to keep mine healthy and buffed with my heal, and setting up traps to cover gank and exit routes. Finally, during all of this, stopping in place to type out a general command is risky, often fatal. Like how my team finally gets an ace, breaks mid, but heads to the side cannons just as the enemy carry respawns. While I'm trying to harass the enemy and keep the minions pushing and my team capped at a moderately high health, it's difficult to find the time to type out a lengthy command.

This is where Skype/Vent comes into. You can talk. You can hear. You can utilize far more teamwork.

I can't. But that doesn't stop me from trying my best.
You do make a good point. You can convey a lot information with elaborate pinging, particularly if you're setup with a premade that's in on the coding system. You won't have audio cue of the ping, however, and would have to watch the minimap like a hawk to see them go off.

Ping on person, ping on location = You move here.
Double ping on person = B.
Two pings separated in a general area = Caution, enemies sighted here.
Double ping on location = Move here as a team.
Double ping on Nexus = Everyone B.
Double ping on person, ping on location = Use your thing here (Ashe arrow, Blitz hook, etc).

It would be cool if you could superimpose a large, translucent minimap right smack in the middle of the screen so you'd be able to notice pings in your primary field of vision rather than peripheral vision.

SoIo Wing

03-07-2011

I have hearing problems Does that count?