Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you think of Maokai?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pnasty

03-07-2011

I think hes pretty good. Sort of like a combination of Gragas and Malphite

Renegade Glitch

03-07-2011

His ult is ALRIGHT on a good day, if theres a 10 person teamfight going on.
Even considering that, it's damage reduction is low and output is lower.

His knockback could knockback a bit more, or deal a bit of dmg. othrwise, hes fun and useful.

cookingbythebook

03-07-2011

he sucks, goes oom too quick, not even that tanky

Flamtornado

03-07-2011

Exactly what he said ^
Snare is great and the Q still interrupts channeling and saves a lot of ASS
Only problem is his CD and ****ty movement speed. Not that great of a hardcore tank from my experience.

OxBaker

03-07-2011

He's a slow and squishy tank that has one fun ability. Not viable in his current state which is why you never see him in games any more.

Reltaur

03-07-2011

He has terrific base damage on e... hes ~almost~ urgot tier in laning imo, so long he gets a good partner. Also building him frozen heart, banshees, and cdr boots makes him beast in mana and cdr, so no reason to worry about that.

The only thing he needs changed is his q's radius, its meant to be a channel interupt, so it should have the radius of Alistar's q but the same amount of knock back.

faerian

03-07-2011

I have never had a Maokai on my team that's been beneficial or made for an excellent laning partner. The excuse I commonly hear is that Maokai needs to get to late game to shine, but by that time the other team has taken advantage of the game-long '4.5v5'.

If anyone has advice for Maokai players out there, give voice, because as it is I'd prefer to simply not have one on my team.

TJ Brick

03-07-2011

terrible as a tank, terrible as AP.

Needs significant buffs before he's playable.

Trute

03-07-2011

Quote:
Reltaur:
He has terrific base damage on e... hes ~almost~ urgot tier in laning imo, so long he gets a good partner. Also building him frozen heart, banshees, and cdr boots makes him beast in mana and cdr, so no reason to worry about that.

The only thing he needs changed is his q's radius, its meant to be a channel interupt, so it should have the radius of Alistar's q but the same amount of knock back.

His base damage is no where near terrific, its fkkin weak. Plus whatever you said can be applied to anything. Maokai is like another alistar with a tab bit better cc and farming. In the end alistar is way more tanky.

DriftingSmoke

03-07-2011

Play him a bit like Vlad. First Catalyst, then boots 1, then upgrade to RoA, then boots 2 (preferably spell pen or cooldown boots), then Haunting Guise, then Ryali's, if it was spellpen boots, do a Sunfire Cape next, Sunfire Cape loves spellpen.

I don't usually get much further than that with the build, but when I do I go... Force of Nature, then... Abyssal. S'fun.