Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is AP Kog considered viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amethyzt

03-07-2011

i prefer AP kog

he can do more for his team, his W scales well with AP and if you build some AS/AP itens like nashor or malady you'll be fine, just like if you builded one bloodrazor

by the way, bloodrazorz dmg is reduced by magic resist, and theoricaly if you build magic pen you'ill deal more dmg with your auto attack, so malady is a must on him imo

anyway's both builds are great

Ego Goose

03-07-2011

Quote:
I HAS CANDY:
Recently I've seen a lot of people claiming that AP Kog outdoes AS/bloodrazor Kog. For example, the top rated guide on mobafire (which i know is a debateable source) is an AP kog guide. What is the reasoning behind this? I realize that void ooze has a high AP ratio, and that without speccing AP it is essentially just a slow skill with minimal damage. But does it really make your ult that much better? Theoretically, if you were really successful with your game and ur sitting at 600 AP or so, with the multipliers factored in ur still only doing 540 before mitigation, and only if the enemy is sitting still and letting u land your Living Artillery. During late game, with characters getting tankier with more mitigation, is LA gna be a fast enough/ consistent enough form of DPS so that it warrants AP kog's viability?

Sure, void ooze + LA spam is legit damage, but in the general gist of things its also not a very reliable form of AoE damage, or damage in general right? it doesn't provide the burst required to really act as a deterrent right? I don't really know, I'm really just curious here.

This, compared to a Kog with bloodrazor, SotD, etc, with capped AS (which is cheaper to come by than 600+ AP, i think), is AP really the better choice?

Thanks in advance!

Personally I think ap is better, feels like it takes less gold to get your core items, and in 5v5 with a good team you can get a full stack of soulstealer really early in the game, and end game when team fights break out you can melt with you la, (even more so if you have say a Morgana with her aoe or some one who has an abyssal scepter ). On top of that with ap runes, you can deal dmg very well earlier in the game and push you lane harder imo.

Ego Goose

03-07-2011

Quote:
DeadLeader:
Mobafire sucks btw

ya, no

Cereal

Adjudicator

03-07-2011

Quote:
zackattack6392:
this.

Yes I was waiting for that. Abusing his artillery is why. You hit them, from extreme safety, they don't hit you...

I HAS CANDY

03-07-2011

thanks for all the responses guys, i really didn't expect this much feedback.

So let me get this straight: for traditional carry roles, AS/bloodrazor with mpen is still unrivaled, but if there is already a hard carry present, along with tanks etc, Kog can be built AP to provide more utility in a teamfight where dps isn't lacking, but building Kog in such a manner shoves him into more of a support DPS role rather than the main source of damage? (similar to, say, karthus, albeit without aura)

In short, comparing the two is like apples and oranges in terms of their function? Is that about right?

TyrannisUmbra

03-07-2011

Quote:
I HAS CANDY:
thanks for all the responses guys, i really didn't expect this much feedback.

So let me get this straight: for traditional carry roles, AS/bloodrazor with mpen is still unrivaled, but if there is already a hard carry present, along with tanks etc, Kog can be built AP to provide more utility in a teamfight where dps isn't lacking, but building Kog in such a manner shoves him into more of a support DPS role rather than the main source of damage? (similar to, say, karthus, albeit without aura)

In short, comparing the two is like apples and oranges in terms of their function? Is that about right?

For the most part. Recently I played a game where there was a Kog on both teams. I went my traditional Malady/Manamune/Bloodrazor build, and he went heavy AP with a bloodrazor lategame, We were both relatively the same effectiveness, except I did much better early and we were fairly even late, and this is probably because I was mid and he was sidelane.

So tl;dr: Kog can perform many roles with equal efficiency, backed up by strong reasons on both sides.

Konjiki no Yami

03-07-2011

ap kog is awesome. if R is getting dodged then your playing him wrong. enemies come close = W kills them in 5 seconds. then a massive slow plus R ensures a sure kill