Why is AP Kog considered viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zackattack6392

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixfire2001 View Post
ap kog has a totally different role from ap/as kog.

Apas is a carry role.

Pure ap is a teamfight breaker. Tired of those stupid 5v5 teamfights that always seem to happen after you stared at each other for a whole minute while those minion waves surged against each other?

Let the king of poke, ap kog, roar loudly, and their half-dead team will scatter and retreat after too much harass and give up their towers.

It is artillery in its truest meaning. A barrage that breaks defenses.
this.

TyrannisUmbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXenocide View Post
duuude, AP with a Bloodrazor and Malady, the only way I play Kog and it just destroys pretty hard
^This.

To put it frankly, his AP ratios are nuts. 0.7:1 on his Q is strong, 1%:100AP on his W is also very strong (And the 30% base IAS he gets from his Q allows him to use this well), 1:1 on his E is awesome, and while 0.3:1 on his R may seem bad, you have to consider that it has a 1 second cooldown. Yes, its mana cost increases each time it's used in rapid succession, but AP Kog has the mana to sustain it for a long time.In fact, by the time it hits its maximum mana cost, you've done the equivalent of 1.2:1 ratio in 4-24 seconds, which is better than most ultimates get based on a much higher cooldown. Fiddle's ultimate has a 0.875:1 ratio over its entire duration, and it's cooldown is 150 seconds. In that time, Kog can get the equivalent of a 7.2:1 ratio ultimate, and this is if he always uses it only when the 6 second grace period wears out.

bukakkeblastoise

03-07-2011

AP and spellpen on his ult...
helps you siege better

Undervalued

03-07-2011

The one thing that makes ap kogmaw viable is the blue buff. It is literally impossible to defend or attack an ap kogmaw with the blue buff. You will be dodging constant ults with him never ever going oom while his tanks dance around him and the rnaged champs chip you tower away.

He is the only champ in the game when built ap with a tear that can completely break a game just because he got blue buff. I have made teams rage quit before we even got in their base because they couldnt get near their tower to defend it.

level 16 ult is op as all hell. when your ap. It is plain old broken.

Tazzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

you cant say one is better than the other because it all depends on the team you have but srsly a bloodrazor kog with stacked as omnoms ppl while ap doesent rlly have the same consistency, thats my opinion anyways

Rich Nips

03-07-2011

Ap Kog - ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult

Tazzz

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Nips View Post
Ap Kog - ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult ult
you forgot ULT

síCKthreat

03-07-2011

thanks for bringing this up, I always /facepalm when I see AP kog, yet pretty much all people go AP -_-

Invis Phoenix

03-07-2011

kogs placement doesnt play that big of an issue, yes he has 0 escape. But hes designed as a tank carry. And tanks dont hang in the back.

Siegfryd

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggityBlam View Post
I've never seen someone above 1300 ELO play AP Kog'maw, without it being in a troll normal game.

It's not good.
Ghetto Fabulous (a 1900+ Elo player) played AP Kog'maw against Bigfatjiji and beat them.