Why is AP Kog considered viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I HAS CANDY

03-07-2011

Recently I've seen a lot of people claiming that AP Kog outdoes AS/bloodrazor Kog. For example, the top rated guide on mobafire (which i know is a debateable source) is an AP kog guide. What is the reasoning behind this? I realize that void ooze has a high AP ratio, and that without speccing AP it is essentially just a slow skill with minimal damage. But does it really make your ult that much better? Theoretically, if you were really successful with your game and ur sitting at 600 AP or so, with the multipliers factored in ur still only doing 540 before mitigation, and only if the enemy is sitting still and letting u land your Living Artillery. During late game, with characters getting tankier with more mitigation, is LA gna be a fast enough/ consistent enough form of DPS so that it warrants AP kog's viability?

Sure, void ooze + LA spam is legit damage, but in the general gist of things its also not a very reliable form of AoE damage, or damage in general right? it doesn't provide the burst required to really act as a deterrent right? I don't really know, I'm really just curious here.

This, compared to a Kog with bloodrazor, SotD, etc, with capped AS (which is cheaper to come by than 600+ AP, i think), is AP really the better choice?

Thanks in advance!

LongDongSiIvers

03-07-2011

capped AS with bloodrazor is easily the better way to go. ap kog is fun but just not as good.

Lulwy

03-07-2011

I've been saying it since the start: AP/AS with Madred's.

If you are going for absolute minmaxing of your % life damage output you know its the optimal path.

Twilíght

03-07-2011

Mobafire sucks btw

Westwood

03-07-2011

400 AP and you have another 4% health dmg with BAB

Gaiety

03-07-2011

Don't forget W has an AP ratio, too.

I HAS CANDY

03-07-2011

don't know why i got a downvote, im really just curious here. thanks for all the quick responses!

Deb

03-07-2011

Because instead of relying completely on 1 ability AP Kog can rely on ALL of them. Besides, he gets more % with his W. He may not hit as fast but he hits harder than a kick in the balls.

BiggityBlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-07-2011

I've never seen someone above 1300 ELO play AP Kog'maw, without it being in a troll normal game.

It's not good.

MD The C

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I have more fun on AS/AD Kog than AP Kog anyways.

And his AP R is nice, but easily dodged.