Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solo Mid: Tristana vs. Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valduran

02-07-2010

I play Tristana almost exclusively, and at this point I think probably the only enemy who offers a decent challenge solo mid is a really good Karthus. The reason why? He can easily punish you for being too aggressive.

Sivir used to be a problem for me, but she's actually really easy. All you have to do is ignore trying to farm against her and just kill her. It's that simple. ^^

At level 1-2 Harass with Explosive Shot and autoattack until she is about half-health, at level 3 Rocket Jump on her head, explosive shot, ignite, auto-attack, she's dead. Don't let her intimidate you and you'll be fine. The mistake most people make against Sivir is playing too passively and allowing her to farm/level up. No one can outfarm/outlevel Sivir, so it's foolish to let her have free reign. If she hasn't died at least once by level 6 your laning was probably a failure. Just denying her a few creeps doesn't really cut it since she can easily make up for it later.

Doran's shield is never necessary as Tristana, but it's not necessarily a bad idea. I just go with vamp scepter though, saves you money in the long run, and helps you stay in the lane if you make mistakes and take some damage.