Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

[Suggestion] Detailed Ideas for Custom Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I think that there is a serious lack of game functionality in the fact that you cannot change the recommended build without modifying game files. The fact is that after anyone knows anything about the game they want to start changing the recommended build.

Not having a way to customize it is a pain in the ass, is it requires a lot of time to be spent shifting through menu's to find the correct items. I'd like to see a complete overhaul of this sytem, and here's how.

Creating A Build
First users need a way to create a build. I would like to see this be performed from the summoner page. Specifically, I would like to see a page similar to the champion page that contains all bought champions.

Similar to the rune page, this page will allow you to select a champion, which will then bring up a new page that has three build tabs. Each tab can be given a name such as "AP Heavy Team" "AD Heavy Team" and "Mixed". The page has the item slots and a complete list of items that can be sorted in the same way as the all items page.

In Game UI
Once in a game has started, a new drop down menu will be added above the selected champion. If there are no custom builds set for the champion, than the default recommended build is displayed. However, the user can click the drop down and select the name of other builds in order to have them show up instead.

I believe that this would be a great addition to the game itself, and I doubt I'm the first person to post it. Thoughts? Additions?