Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Want to know why so few of us play a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minutemade

03-06-2011

Quote:
Ame the Hatter:
What I want is to see someone say thank you you when I pull the entire enemy team off them with my amumu ulti. Instead I get something along the lines of.
"What the hell Amumu I coulda survived without you." WHen he has a single Vlad Q poke left in hp and two nukers on the enemy team. Carries are always so ******-tastic.

Reminds me of when i caught the other team all waiting in a bush as amumu, my entire team was with me. So i pinged and waited till everyone gathered, i turned on despair, bandage tossed into the bush, popped randuin's and ulted. Took quite a bit of their HP with the combo, and then my team ran away... And they called me an idiot...

Legendariez

03-06-2011

When I play as a tank, my carries don't do damage. When I play as a carry, my tanks just don't know how to initiate and help me. It's easier to carry with damage dealers because you know you got the means to ace enemy team, on the other hand playing a tank normally means you need to ensure your allies survivability over yours to win which can be quite a feat with some people out there.

It's just frustrating to tank the hell out of god mode champs like tryndamere and kat for 10 secs while your teammates can't even scratch them because they are so far behind them. I rather die as a squishy taking out 3 guys than dying as a tank without taking anyone.

Shrimpsess

03-06-2011

Quote:
TheAbraxis:
This is why I love singed. Mobility is your armor, time is your ally and death is always at your back. If they focuss me, I get away and they die in the meantime, if they don't, I disrupt their **** so hard they'll wish they had.

Even the very few who know how to counter a singed, cant even hope to have the mental agility to keep up with an experienced singed who will just change his play style once they catch on.

Always one step ahead a good singed is, and to great effect.

he can also push like a baws

Kirethorn

03-06-2011

Quote:
Dairuka:
Maybe they should give players a gold reward after hitting certain tank specific milestones like "Took 50,000 Damage" or "Took 10,000 Damage without dying."

Good idea actually, the only other benefit is giving gold to feeders, which still helps your team.
And because it doesn't affect your KDA, feeders won't get that either.

Shosuko

Recruiter

03-06-2011

Shen ults are the most likely to be thanked, followed by Amumu ulting to disrupt kat / karth / nunu ults.

I don't mind not getting thanked, winning is enough, and with a good initiation winning can be easy. However a team who doesn't follow up your initiation makes you look like a feeding idiot...

I remember one time I was playing Mundo (I know, not a tank right? lol) and would burn into their ranks with merc treads and fire shield, then ult and back off absorbing every cc and ult they had... 2 times of doing this I tell my team "HEY, next time they are focusing me, attack them!!" So next time we do it, sion leaves the bush, nukes ashe in 2 hits, and it's gg from there...

Dairuka

03-06-2011

Quote:
Kirethorn:
Good idea actually, the only other benefit is giving gold to feeders, which still helps your team.
And because it doesn't affect your KDA, feeders won't get that either.

If it's a minor global reward, players might actually go out of their way to congratulate the tank who hit the, "10,000 damage without dying" milestone, "25,000 damage without dying" milestone, and the soon to be coveted more than pentakill milestone, "50,000 damage without dying."

Penta-tanked!

I'm surprised they only have milestones for carries. It's no wonder everybody wants to play the carry...

SearZocom

Recruiter

03-06-2011

in order to tank you need to be a leader, taking command, and telling ur team how not to suck without pissing any of them off, its difficult, but if u can do it in solo queue, u will have an unfair win rate

Thoroughly

03-06-2011

Every time I try to play a tank (a real tank, not these impersonating "Bruiser" jokes) I get that feeling.
You know that feeling.
The one where you are actively watching someone be idiotic and it hurts your soul so bad that you actually wish you could reach through your monitor and in to their computer to control their character for them. That feeling that culminates in such a vicious, frothing rage that all you can type out is "WHAOEAHRAGDSFSDFSDF" when you want to explain to your allies that they are absolutely pissing away every advantage you give them. That feeling of utter hopelessness and disappointment in the entire human race when, even outside of 1200 Elo, people still chase Singed.

Yeah that feeling is magnificent.

Amcwhae

03-06-2011

I hope one day in the future I can hook my brain up to some kinda of machine that lets me play both the Carry and the Tank at the same time. If I could do that I would see my sucess in tanking drastically rise.

Elite Midget

03-06-2011

Well, many players hate dieing. Being a tank means that you're mostly going to die for you team a lot. Your k/d/a ration wont be the best even if you do your job to the fullest. If the team fails than it's your fault and everyone hates getting blamed for stuff. Finally, a lot of players are cowards and don't mind ditching the tank to death instead of risking their lives to get kills in.