Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Want to know why so few of us play a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havelox

03-07-2011

you nubs better get into queue fast.

I'm omw to instalock jax.

And NO FEEDING.

Makoraias

03-07-2011

Quote:
LethalAdversary:
+1.

I've stopped tanking because of this, it's a thankless job and half the time your team leaves you to die after you initiate anyway.

This.

ZodiacLegend

03-07-2011

The OP's statement is true. I rather be playing a "fun" class, but after losing so many games because the lack of tanking (and jungling) and being the team player I am, picked up a tank. Games do feel more stable. I even got some clutch saves, key pushes, and team fight initiates. Not a word of thanks... but it comes with the territory I feel. I'm sure they are thankful, but in the moment, they forget to type it out.

Bottomline: Riot should change the metagame to not be so tank dependant. Nobody wants to tank, it's not a fun job.

Yeboy

Recruiter

03-07-2011

The funny thing is, I usually tank as Malphite, and like you said if I die due to the faults of my team i get scolded, but when i get a good team and save them and they come back and help, I get a "good job" its kinda nice once in a while

Maxmatical

03-07-2011

Go ahead, when you make an amazing play while tanking, brag about it, you deserve it. I found that makes tanking so much more fun when you add a bit of pizzaz

Dairuka

03-07-2011

Quote:
ZodiacLegend:
The OP's statement is true. I rather be playing a "fun" class, but after losing so many games because the lack of tanking (and jungling) and being the team player I am, picked up a tank. Games do feel more stable. I even got some clutch saves, key pushes, and team fight initiates. Not a word of thanks... but it comes with the territory I feel. I'm sure they are thankful, but in the moment, they forget to type it out.

Bottomline: Riot should change the metagame to not be so tank dependant. Nobody wants to tank, it's not a fun job.

They could also make it more fun to be a tank, by giving us the same recognition as the K/D/A players get... seriously, say it with me. "PENTA-TANKED!"

cookingbythebook

03-07-2011

I love kids who instant lock free week heroes and then: "TANK?!"

people love to get kills, they don't want to be targeted or focused on

Hoodimin

03-07-2011

Tanks aren't necessary when the entire team is just gonna be tanky dps anyway.

TyrannisUmbra

03-07-2011

I play tanks in 80% of games, and I posted to say this:

l2sunfirecape if you want assists.

McComb

03-07-2011

Your reward is having a good team comp and winning game.
If you don't wan't to play tank because you are emo go squishy team and see if it's more rewarding.