Want to know why so few of us play a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dairuka

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarthes View Post
Tanks get to do awesome stuff all the time, carries just get to hit people with pointy sticks.

To make them feel better they added the 'hit everyone with your stick a lot' milestone.
That's why.
Admit it.

You want to hear the words, "Penta-Tanked!" shouted out as you completely and single handedly dominate the enemy team over the course of four team battles without dying once.

Doriantv

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyKnife View Post
What?

Seriously, give me an example of one of these teams.
Did you watch the OGB v. TSM game? Vman's team was Ryze/Irelia/Taric/Singed/Udyr. Every single champ was either a tanky DPS or tanky caster.

Shrimpsess

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Did you watch the OGB v. TSM game? Vman's team was Ryze/Irelia/Taric/Singed/Udyr. Every single champ was either a tanky DPS or tanky caster.

Cept ryze, although he was probably built tanky

Surisis

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haestro View Post
Gotta love tanks.
However, I'm starting to dislike Amumu's hooking into the entire enemy team for no apparent reasons, and then getting angry when we don't help him for some reason.

SUP WE'RE AT THE FOUNTAIN!
If your amumu is able to hook the entire enemy then he has done his job and if you are sitting on you arse you deserve ridicule.

Shrimpsess

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surisis View Post
If your amumu is able to hook the entire enemy then he has done his job and if you are sitting on you arse you deserve ridicule.
If he hooked the enemy team when is team wasnt ready, then thats a problem.

Victor Zsasz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

I've realized that the vast majority of people I play this game with have very little idea wtf they're doing. As a result, i've taken to playing tanks almost exclusively, as it seems the easiest way to ensure I get a useful one.
Additionally, while every once in a while you'll get an irritating carry or nuker, you can often simply let them get killed, and enjoy the rage that follows.

Macguffin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Damage dealers get more damage, for more farm, which let them get more damage items.

Tanks should be able to get more tank items, that let them tank more, but that doesn't help them farm and get more tank items.

A DPS/Carry/Nuker can reliably build pure damage for their role. Being able to obliterate faster makes you a threat, lets you keep a level advantage, and can even let you counter-gank, as wards are easier to afford and you can easily put that 100% health ganker at below 20%.

A Tank needs to play a trecherous balancing game. How much hp should I get? how much magic resist? how much armor? how much mana regen so I can do my skills more than 2 times? how much ap so I'm enough of a threat to warrant targeting? Should I get more CDR so I can use more skills. Questions that not only change from game to game, but often from minute to minute in game.

They need to implement a universal buff to tanks that rewards tanking, and exclusively for tanks. Currently there's very, very little distinction between tank and bruiser. The ability for tanks to get more gold for tank things, like taking damage, or having a longer assist timer than other characters, will help buff tanks and truly make a difference between tanks and bruisers.

Victor Zsasz

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguffin View Post
Damage dealers get more damage, for more farm, which let them get more damage items.

Tanks should be able to get more tank items, that let them tank more, but that doesn't help them farm and get more tank items.

A DPS/Carry/Nuker can reliably build pure damage for their role. Being able to obliterate faster makes you a threat, lets you keep a level advantage, and can even let you counter-gank, as wards are easier to afford and you can easily put that 100% health ganker at below 20%.

A Tank needs to play a trecherous balancing game. How much hp should I get? how much magic resist? how much armor? how much mana regen so I can do my skills more than 2 times? how much ap so I'm enough of a threat to warrant targeting? Should I get more CDR so I can use more skills. Questions that not only change from game to game, but often from minute to minute in game.

They need to implement a universal buff to tanks that rewards tanking, and exclusively for tanks. Currently there's very, very little distinction between tank and bruiser. The ability for tanks to get more gold for tank things, like taking damage, or having a longer assist timer than other characters, will help buff tanks and truly make a difference between tanks and bruisers.
Few things. A. Theres no way to ensure that if you're playing a character that can tank you actually will tank, which means you just get a straight gold buff for carries.

Also, Carries/nukers need to balance stats as well. AS Vs. AD Vs. Arp. Vs. Life Steal
AP Vs. CDR Vs. Spell Pen Vs. Spell vamp (just kidding, no one uses spell vamp)

Qzahk

03-07-2011

Tanks are fun. I just want my 25 assists per game.

Kalcos

03-07-2011

You know what's without our power to help tanks now? Let the tank farms, don't nuke all the creeps, especially when your team is losing. That extra taunt could turn a teamfight around.