Want to know why so few of us play a tank?

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dairuka

03-06-2011

Tanks who do their job, only to get mass-focused down and waste every single cooldown of the enemy team - don't get the assists they deserve.

Of course, to increase the assist-timer would only boost carries to an even greater point. Because of this fact, there really isn't a fix to make tanking any more rewarding, or desirable to the common player.

The end result is that Tanks have become the most sought after and important, yet most under-appreciated, feared and loathed role in League of Legends. We get all of the bans. We get all of the blame. We get none of the credit.

It doesn't get better the higher up in the ELO standings you go either.

Tanking has become a niche role, for team-players. If you have a tank on your team, thank him.

Voidgolem

03-06-2011

I still feel like I should get an assist for baiting half the enemy team into their doom or eating all the ults before I have a chance to do damage.

Warscythes

03-06-2011

I don't really care, I just want a "ty" after I pull off a clutch Shen ult.

Amythara

03-06-2011

What I want is to see someone say thank you you when I pull the entire enemy team off them with my amumu ulti. Instead I get something along the lines of.
"What the hell Amumu I coulda survived without you." WHen he has a single Vlad Q poke left in hp and two nukers on the enemy team. Carries are always so ******-tastic.

Haestro

03-06-2011

Gotta love tanks.
However, I'm starting to dislike Amumu's hooking into the entire enemy team for no apparent reasons, and then getting angry when we don't help him for some reason.

SUP WE'RE AT THE FOUNTAIN!

LethalityVoX

03-06-2011

+1.

I've stopped tanking because of this, it's a thankless job and half the time your team leaves you to die after you initiate anyway.

Low Key Lyesmith

03-06-2011

Yeah, carries seem so friggin cocky and egotistical. Pisses me off.

TheAbraxis

03-06-2011

This is why I love singed. Mobility is your armor, time is your ally and death is always at your back. If they focuss me, I get away and they die in the meantime, if they don't, I disrupt their **** so hard they'll wish they had.

Even the very few who know how to counter a singed, cant even hope to have the mental agility to keep up with an experienced singed who will just change his play style once they catch on.

Always one step ahead a good singed is, and to great effect.

Dairuka

03-06-2011

Maybe they could make it so the "Assist Timer Freezes" the moment you die until the moment you respawn for "Tank Classes".

Maybe they could add extra "+5s assist-timer" flags for skills considered as "Initiations" - such as Shen's Taunt and Rammus' Powerball, and Malphite's Ult.

Maybe they should give players a gold reward after hitting certain tank specific milestones like "Took 50,000 Damage" or "Took 10,000 Damage without dying."

LordRandomness

03-06-2011

+1

I only rarely tank now, and when I do I try to get actual kills where possible because you can tell they're going to be mad if I don't KS them.

Seriously, what's with that?

1234511 ... 14