Shaco, Beast Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wigg

02-18-2010

I posted some math behind Sword of the Occult. With my runes/masteries I still find it useful because I don't die often. Going to try more games this weekend without it.

Alucard628

02-19-2010

sword of occult even not maxed is pretty **** good for the cost. its one of the few items that gives +crit damage and it doesn't lose all its stacks on death (like bloodthirster which i tend to skip) i mean if i'm doin horrible in a game and only managing to get kill assists and very few at that i may skip it or sell it but otherwise i always have it. lately i've been keepin my lifesteal sceptor instead of goin bloodthirster and goin for a black cleaver. the problem is my attack speed isn't that high so i would most likely have to sell something to get a phantom dancer aswell. but if someone has a starks ferver i could lose the sceptor to make room for a phantom dancer.

wigg

02-19-2010

I agree, even with the math I did it seems like it is a very very profitable early-mid game item. The best part about it is that you can sell it for what ~860 something which is like 300 less than it costs. IMO if you don't suck it works quite well while you gank and farm up for better items until/if you finally sell it. I've done my research and it's clear too much crit or crit damage is a bad thing. Hence the masteries/rune build I have taken. If you balance things right and use it properly it will serve its purpose quite well.

littleevil

02-19-2010

i have played all shaco builds
aps ads
bfs ocults etc etc
sure its nice to pop on running enemy and hit them for 1200

but to be honest so far best sucess i have had is with this simple build
21/9/0
boots of mobility
mortreds
melady
up the mortreds
work on bf

games almost never last pass mortreds

the thing is that with this build u have greater controll over the map u solo dragon any time its up
u go and clean lanes quickly and in a matter of seconds u can join back to your team for a fight

T0ggle

02-19-2010

As a tank on average pros normaly get 200+ armor, and on average they always grab a thornmail to counter act AD champions.
with 100armor you reduce basic attack damage by 50%
even if you maxed out sword of the occult and were hitting for 1500, 25% of that being nearly what 300damage will be thrown back at you and the damage done to me will be reduced by 50% or more because last whisper only takes 40% and not 50%.
On the + side of things, your decieve also can be dodged, GL with that, i've seen it happen plenty of times even with me playing ad shaco, pisses you off because you can't decieve for a bit and it completely ruins your gank during a team fight making you a little more useless.

As AP shaco though, people roughly get around 60-83magic resist on average, with my guide you get roughly 60-80magic pen or 60flat and 55%magic pen, making shivs and hallucinate go directly to HP ignoring any reduced damage effects.
And any carrys with less then 60magic resist take increased magic damage due to going into negative magic resist.
Your screen shots tell me one of 2 things
1.You ganked early on and the team was clueless to the fact that you were mia.
2.your facing off noobs that don't play like I do.

but then again, When I tank I grab magic resist runes at level 18(wich most players don't) because at level 18 I get roughly 113+magic resist putting me at about nearly 150magic resist. So I can stack thornmail, warmogs and rest sunfire capes.
thats basicly putting me at about nearly 400armor, thornmail passive, and 160aoe damage from 4 sunfirecapes and theres more....4.5k+ HP with 70-85HP regen per 5.
Put that on malphite and your done for, I bet I could ulti, Q, E, ignite and you'd be done before you could even do another decieve.

Shakra

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
As AP shaco though, people roughly get around 60-83magic resist on average, with my guide you get roughly 60-80magic pen or 60flat and 55%magic pen, making shivs and hallucinate go directly to HP ignoring any reduced damage effects.
And any carrys with less then 60magic resist take increased magic damage due to going into negative magic resist.

You should reread your info man, magic penetration Does not make you go negative, the only way you can make someone go negative is reduction, after the reduction is applied you use penetration, if the target has 30 MR after the reduction and you have 60 MP, your spells will hit as if he has 0 MR

Carleton

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakra View Post
You should reread your info man, magic penetration Does not make you go negative, the only way you can make someone go negative is reduction, after the reduction is applied you use penetration, if the target has 30 MR after the reduction and you have 60 MP, your spells will hit as if he has 0 MR
Truth.

wildfire393:
"Magic Resistance Reduction is not the same thing as flat Magic Penetration. Magic Resistance Reduction is applied by things like Fiddlesticks's aura, Abyssal Scepter's Aura, Soraka's Starcall debuff, Evelyn's Ravage Debuff, Amumu's Passive Debuff on hits, etc. There are two key differences between Magic Resistance Reduction and flat Magic Penetration: Reduction applies before % Penetration, while flat Penetration applies after % Penetration, and Reduction can Reduce MR into the Negative, while Penetration cannot."

wigg

02-19-2010

Okay, I'm changing my own post. I do not want this turning into a AD vs. AP vs. AS Shaco thread. If you want to debate make a post about it. I'm trying to give insight to a AD play style and look for feedback about my build/runes/masteries etc. to making my/others play better who enjoy this way of playing. If you play AP Shaco well that's great but don't bring a debate into a AD post because it isn't helping instead it's simply distracting. I could give a ton of reasons why I believe AD is the best way to play Shaco but I'm not getting into it, I'd rather play more games than sit on here and debate.

Also, telling me that I'm probably just playing against noobs is just unfair. I'm currently hovering around +50 wins over my losses and I usually solo queue or premade with my buddies who are equally if not better rated than myself. I'm assuming here that ~270 wins to ~220 losses with 2 leaves I'm not simply going against some nooblestines.