Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco, Beast Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

02-06-2010

Shaco is easy to play.

Buy a dorans of some kind, solo blue buff with jitbs, wait for an opportunity and get a kill.
He has the best escape in the game, insane damage and cc, and is in general super fun.

The most fun I have playing shaco is dorans blade, sheen, zerker boots (or mercury if they have some mean stuns), leviathan, mejais, occult in that order, with 40% crit dmg and 8% cd reduction at lvl 18.

Your build looks pretty terrible...if you want to play shaco as an initiator, deceive in--->hallucinate-->jitb.

If you are dying too fast, banshees will be plenty to keep you alive, or a guardian angel.

wigg

02-06-2010

Thanks for more input, but Churchy really? I'm not posting this because I don't know how to play Shaco, so telling me my build sucks and how to initiate, isn't very helpful.

When I'm talking about survivability I'm not like saying I die a lot. In my games I usually have less than 4 deaths, so that really isn't the issue. Heart of gold I enjoy so I can stay in a lane longer, I don't know what level you guys play at/or your playstyles. I just find such an item very useful when you play against.. say Gangplank who will Parrrley you every six seconds.

As for Banshee's you can cut it out completely if you are just dominating without any problems, but sometimes a little peace of mind is a good thing. I was not aware that Aegis/GA stacked like Carleton mentioned, this could be an interesting alternative that I may try out. Keep it coming.

Carleton

02-06-2010

Quote:
Churchy:

The most fun I have playing shaco is dorans blade, sheen, zerker boots (or mercury if they have some mean stuns), leviathan, mejais, occult in that order, with 40% crit dmg and 8% cd reduction at lvl 18.
[QUOTE/]
[QUOTE=Churchy;630199]
Your build looks pretty terrible...

Lol...I'd say that second statement is pretty hypocritical. That build is completely based around not dying what so ever. Maybe you're just playing at a low enough ELO that you can get away w/that but a decent team is going to coordinate well enough to drop almost any Shaco.

Quote:
wigg:
I was not aware that Aegis/GA stacked like Carleton mentioned, this could be an interesting alternative that I may try out. Keep it coming.

The aegis brings A LOT to team fights, you'll notice a difference in the outcomes pretty quick I think and for Shaco, who definitely isn't strongest team fighter, this will really improve his viability.

Sunfire cape is just WAY to expensive and doesn't offer nearly enough for Shaco. Now if we were talking Amumu, maybe it would be different.

private

02-06-2010

Heres an easy idea to stay alive in team fights at mid-high elo, just build AP. Instead of being in the middle your staying out dropping fears/throwing daggers for 1000 damage every few seconds, then when one is low you can deceive in and get a kill. If they come chase you when your throwing daggers then thats time they're chasing and not fighting and if they don't chase then you are free to nuke their squishy characters hiding in the back with deceive/dagger. Another huge advantage with AP is that you can set traps with JitB's and get kills w/o being anywhere near your enemies. Set down 3-5 in the grass and either leave them and hope someone runs into them or bait them in and get a free kill.

yatenkun

02-07-2010

Brave build i'd say, shaco is not expected to be not the most squishy champ, so this build is interesting, but still i would prefer going with everything on critical damage, cos shaco is huge damage dealer

v3r175s

02-10-2010

Guys you are all doing it wrong STACK DMG + CRIT DMG, that is it, you should not need attk speed, AP or anything along those lines, also wtf are you talking about occult isnt good? Occult is probably one of the best items in the game for shaco if you are good enough to rack up those stacks, its % from it, so once you get later in the game and your stacks racked up you are doing an additional 40% crit dmg so BF sword = +50 dmg whilst occult would do 40% crit + on whatever larger dmg you have stacked up which is way more. You clearly have never played shaco at a decent elo.

Shakra

02-11-2010

Quote:
Carleton:

Lol...I'd say that second statement is pretty hypocritical. That build is completely based around not dying what so ever. Maybe you're just playing at a low enough ELO that you can get away w/that but a decent team is going to coordinate well enough to drop almost any Shaco.

bull**** ^^, a good shaco knows when to go in, go out and you have to prepare if you do, i you play a shaco really well, they need 5 people, in different positions, each with stealth detection, and you at about 20% of your life. that is the only way you can kill a good shaco, this is granted, that the shaco is actually good, and that does not mean fed, or bragging just an expert.

and to the above poster, i too don't do attackspeed with shaco but i can say, sword of the occult is useless, if you have 50% from runes and masteries, and 50% from infinity edge, the extra 40% won't give you enough bonus to make up for the 25 / 30 / 50 damage lost if you look at the other damage items

macsauce

02-11-2010

This is the worst guide I have ever seen.

The only way to play shaco is stacking pure AD.

And maybe a sheen early game if you like to get greasy a lot.

When you decieve twitch for 1500 youll understand.

wigg

02-12-2010

The worst guide ever? Hmmm, I'm sure I could do worse ; /. Lol, anyway yes, stacking AD is the point behind my build. I was constantly updating my guide as I was testing things out as I noted in my guide. Either way, the most recent build order I have posted is in my opinion (preference) the best way to build Shaco. With a reasonably farmed sword of the occult and the items I posted, late game you'll easily be around ~350 attack damage, and pushing closer to 400 with bloodthirster maxed. The pictures I posted were from exactly such scenario.

Along with a variety of nice synergy from runes and masteries.
Armor pen - runes, brutalizer, last whisper
HP - runes
Mana regen - runes, masteries
Cooldown reduction - runes, masteries, brutalizer
Crit damage - sword of the occult, I.E.
Movement speed - masteries, boots of mobility, (sword of occult IF maxed)

A nice overall boost to Shaco in many different areas of his abilities.

wigg

02-15-2010

/bump Changed a few things around/looking for more feedback.