Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco, Beast Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wigg

02-05-2010

Runes
Right now I'm running with.

3x Greater Quintessence of Furor +4.96% critical damage
9x Greater Mark of Desolation +1.96 armor penetration
9x Greater Seal of Evasion +0.75% dodge
9x Greater Glyph of Celerity -0.05% cooldowns per level or flat cooldown reduction

Summoner Spells
Exhaust/Ignite - this is what I prefer

Exhaust to help shut down enemy carries, and ignite for even more damage. Other options include flash, teleport, rally, and smite.

Masteries

Either 21/0/9 or 9/0/21 speak for themselves, if you want more burst damage take the offensive route, but if you're looking for more utility go 9/0/21.

21/0/9

Offensive =
3 in deadliness, 1 cripple
4 sorcery, 2 alacrity
1 archaic knowledge, 3 sunder
3 brute force
3 lethality
1 havoc

Utility =
1 good hands, 3 perseverance
4 awareness
1 utility mastery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/0/21
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offensive =
3 in deadliness, 1 cripple
4 sorcery
1 archaic knowledge

Utility =
3 perseverance, 1 good hands
4 awareness
1 greed (though you could put this elsewhere, I prefer the little free gold)
3 meditation, 2 utility mastery
3 quickness
3 intelligence
1 presence of the master

Spell Order

Jack In The Box (if you go for golem/lizard buff) - otherwise deceive first
Deceive (whichever you didn't take)
Deceive
Two-Shiv Poison
Deceive
Hallucinate
Deceive
Two-Shiv Poison
Deceive
Two-Shiv Poison
Hallucinate
Two-Shiv Poison
Two-Shiv Poison
Jack In The Box
Jack In The Box
Hallucinate
Jack In The Box
Jack In The Box

Maxing out Deceive is first priority, followed by Two-Shiv Poison. I put one point into Jack In The Box at the start. This is for a two reasons. If I'm going for either lizard or golem buff this is obviously a must. Other than that I like placing a JitB in a bush at my lane and another at all times in the river to help lookout for incoming ganks.

General Items
-Long sword, 1 HP pot
-Sword of the occult (usually port back asap when I have the 750 or I'll wait a little longer to farm towards boots)
-Boots of mobility
-The brutalizer
-
Infinity Edge
-B.F. Sword
******Note: This is the stage in the game to see whether or not some survivability will help. Aegis of the Legion, Guardian Angel, or Banshee's Veil are all viable. If you are rocking without any problems you can skip this.
-Bloodthirster

If time commits end out with
-Last Whisper (primary choice)
OR
-Madred's Bloodrazor (the enemy team is tank heavy)
OR
-Phantom Dancers (if team is carry heavy)

FABIOForever

02-06-2010

This...isn't very good.

Half of this is a tank build. Why would you do this for shaco? He has some of the hardest quick hitting, best escape abilities in the game that play to damage and cover his fragility. You're spending thousands of gold to try and cover a weakness his abilities already mitigate while not playing up any of his strengths.

Sword of the occult is worthless. Even at max stacks it's barely any better than a BF sword at only 700 gold less. There's a very good reason that soulstealer is the only snowball item people bother with.

Okay, so you want to be a tank that lingers around doing damage with sunfire cape. Then you get mobility boots for quick ganking? What are you going to be ganking with a faerie charm, heart of gold, and occult sword? Nothing. Why tiamat? You can't get any further away from a mid-game ganking weapon than tiamat.

There aren't any attack speed items here, so your dps is gimped. If your goal is to just max attack damage for maximum deceive/shive damage, then why all the tank stuff? Why bother with staying power if don't have decent sustained dps? Save the sunfire capes for Cho'Gath and sad mummies who are all about constantly being in the enemy's face.

LoveMePlease

02-06-2010

You could kill a minion in under 5 seconds and get more gold than that, unless it is a purple caster minion.

Blmz

02-06-2010

Quote:
wigg:

***** This is not intended for Shaco players

Corrected.

wigg

02-06-2010

Thanks for the feedback so far. FABIO, I encourage you to try this before you call it a tank build. First thing, I'm only recommending Heart of gold and either Sunfire or Banshee's. Another thing, I'm not using Sunfire for the passive damage, but both Sunfire or Banshee's are bought in my strategy when Shaco begins to get countered by many competent players. Either item gives him that little boost to actually last in a team fights.

While all the other items are still giving you that needed damage, Tiamat +45, Sword of the occult +50 and +40% crit damage, +25 brutalizer and armor penetration. Around mid game you should easily be over 200 attack damage, but you'll have a Tiamat to help you truly farm for late game items... Stand behind creeps and you'll 2-3 shot wave after wave. Something else about Tiamat. If it gets to late game and you run into a team fight, deceive an enemy squishy/carry from behind, and watch any nearby enemies HP bar drop.

Also, I do not find sword of the occult to be pointless, it is more like a mini Infinity Edge at full stack for close to 3000 less gold.

wigg

02-06-2010

After actually getting a chance to play today I took in some consideration from FABIO. I'm going to try a few more builds and update my guide afterwards. The main change I did was the following: I got rid of Tiamat, the main reason for me getting this in the first place was when I was getting more and more use to Shaco I was thinking of a better way to help me farm. However, now that I've gotten pretty consistent with him and my runes are all set into place, this doesn't seem as necessary. I added some attack speed into the mix, and can farm almost just as well as the replacement, along with better dps.

Holepuncher

02-06-2010

heart of gold? jeez

wigg

02-06-2010

Quote:
Holepuncher:
heart of gold? jeez

Yes. My reason for this is primarily for early game survivability, +200 hp and 27 armor is a nice little chunk for a item that will pay for itself by the time you sell it. That is why I focus on rushing this and Sword of the occult. Just finished a game 14-4-19 with my modified build, going to add more to the guide when I have more time after the weekend.

LordGooGoo

02-06-2010

A shaco shouldn't have problem surviving early game unless you are tower diving to death.

If you want survivability late game, gurdian angel > sunfire since your clone procs gurdian angel.

Carleton

02-06-2010

Here's my 2 cents; If you really feel the need for some more survivability, go with either an aegis or a Guardian angel (or even both). Both of these are amazing on Shaco because his double gets their abilities as well. That means if you have an aegis and you pop your double, your team will gain the 2 stacks of aegis (it DOES stack). Guardian angel is also great for two reasons; once again your double will gain the GA ability and so when it dies, it will pop and do dmg(I think..can't remember) and then come back to life to repeat the process EVERY TIME you pop your ult. The second reason GA is amazing is because your cooldowns continue to go while you're going through the rebirth animation. This typically means that by the time you rebirth your deceive will be back up and you can get away w/out much effort. Also, as a decent Shaco you shouldn't be dying too often so there is a good chance that every time you die, the rebirth will be up and ready.

Also, since you have the BoM, I would recommend going for your IE before you get phantom or every forgoing phantom completely in favor of a last whisper or Madreds.