[Guide] Wazzabi's Warwick Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
What do you do about an enemy Udyr jungling? I feel he destroys Warwick in a solo situation, especially early game.
Wit's End > Udyr. If he's jungling just rush it. It will absolutely make him useless.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

As far as the smite questions go, feel free to use whatever you think is useful.

I choose smite simply because in my games, speed, efficiency, and DRAGON/BARON win games.

Smiting a dragon/baron can easily win a game straight up. WW doesn't NEED smite anymore to jungle, but it does make him jungle much faster.

I feel that if I play it smart I won't ever need cleanse. I've tried it and I just don't see the point. If you get cc'd with your ult up, cleanse won't help with that, and there's not much cleanse can do that merc treads/veil can't do.

Praetor Kamahl

03-13-2010

I'd agree, if Wit's End gave a static 42 mana loss per hit. Chances are he'll simply turtle to recover through it, especially when the next patch hits.

Wazzabi

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor Kamahl View Post
I'd agree, if Wit's End gave a static 42 mana loss per hit. Chances are he'll simply turtle to recover through it, especially when the next patch hits.
He can't switch stances without mana.

If he's in turtle he's not doing ANY damage.

Praetor Kamahl

03-13-2010

Udyr will only have mana problems early game, later on it isn't a problem, and Wit's End isn't going to drain him from ~500 to 0 in an instant (More if he's going for Sheen). While it would certainly keep him locked down, he'll inevitably simply run from the situation if he's pinned down mana-wise.

Point being that you won't have Wit's End when it will make a difference. That's the biggest reason most players don't even consider it, it's an amazing laning tool, but by the time most players end up getting it, the ganking / pushing phase is starting.

Wazzabi

03-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor Kamahl View Post
Udyr will only have mana problems early game, later on it isn't a problem, and Wit's End isn't going to drain him from ~500 to 0 in an instant (More if he's going for Sheen). While it would certainly keep him locked down, he'll inevitably simply run from the situation if he's pinned down mana-wise.

Point being that you won't have Wit's End when it will make a difference. That's the biggest reason most players don't even consider it, it's an amazing laning tool, but by the time most players end up getting it, the ganking / pushing phase is starting.
You have to take into account the mana he is using as well. Udyr's mana pool isn't that big. With hunter's call and wit's end i'm nearing 2.0 as. In a 5 second fight Udyr will be @ 0 mana between the mana burned and the mana spent.

Not to mention Udyr has one of the lowest base movespeeds in the game (315 I believe). Running from a warwick would be laughable @ that point.

Epistemic

Recruiter

03-14-2010

Hey Wazzabi, a few pages back you said you aim for .850 aspd at the start. I tried figuring out how many aspd runes I would need to get that, and it seems I will need aspd for everything except quints. On the first page you suggested getting armor pen as well; I was planning on getting 2x exp quints and 1x gold, do you think I should get armor pen instead?

Wazzabi

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epistemic View Post
Hey Wazzabi, a few pages back you said you aim for .850 aspd at the start. I tried figuring out how many aspd runes I would need to get that, and it seems I will need aspd for everything except quints. On the first page you suggested getting armor pen as well; I was planning on getting 2x exp quints and 1x gold, do you think I should get armor pen instead?
Since the patch your AS scales much better and gives you some more options with runes. If you start with .800 you'll be fine, i'm currently running something like 20ish% as, 6 armor pen and +3g/10. I switch my runes and masteries a lot trying new things out.

Epistemic

Recruiter

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzabi View Post
Since the patch your AS scales much better and gives you some more options with runes. If you start with .800 you'll be fine, i'm currently running something like 20ish% as, 6 armor pen and +3g/10. I switch my runes and masteries a lot trying new things out.
Thank you!

Morzas

03-15-2010

Oh, you use the gold/10 Rice Runes? What's the theory behind using those? I'm curious because they're often overlooked, but they do give you what, 540 gold over the course of a 30 minute game? That's actually a pretty powerful effect, you trade early game power for late game versatility.