[Guide] Wazzabi's Warwick Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2010

I personally tend to avoid doing the larger creeps (lizard/golem) @ lvl 1-2 for two main reasons:

1) Avoiding that ever so popular early game gank. If you fight the golem/lizard early you become very vulnerable to a gank as well as giving up the buff to the other team.

2) I find them much more useful @ lvl's 3-4 where you have better skills/damage/health and put yourself in a much better situation in terms of ganking the other team.

As far as the changes go... well not much has changed. His early game is buffed a small amount, basically only allowing him to stay in the jungle longer, thus gain exp/gank earlier.
Item builds for me are mostly the same. I actually had success a few days ago with an avarice blade build.

With the attack speed buff I have switched to gold/exp quints, as the AS runes are no longer as necessary (.850 starting AS is what I aim for).

Also for the skill build order, I've just come to the conclusion that Blood Scent actually harms you more than it helps you so i've stopped getting it until I have nothing else to put my points into. (this leads me to believe that last patch was an overall nerf to the hero as he now only has 3 skills instead of 4).

I'll try to update this as much as I can but i've been taking a break from the game as of late. (21 credits this semester ftl) Also the lack of game balance has caused the higher bracket to become stale with the same heroes being picked every game.

UAC Kalik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2010

So, I tried this and was very serious while reading this. I think it's a fantastic idea even though I was a it pessimistic early. However, it turned out well for both of the games, so far. Both of these games were very different and required different setups so I had quite a bit of variety.

I have to, as of now, give this a 5/5 because you did a good job of explaining it and it works. Something I think you need to emphasize A LOT more, is map awareness. For example, I was jungling at the enemy mana golem and I saw their fiddle disappear from his lane. I was already in the process of killing it, so I smited it and chilled there. He came, and I killed him. Then more events piled on and more people died with me still standing.

Something I feel like mentioning right now, cleanse blows. I hate it. I fought a team with 4 cleanses. And their tank was the one w/o it. It was terrible. I think you should mention how cleanse + ulti leaves you helpless and useless for the duration of the ulti. It's a shame.

In reply to the post above, I think it's all on preference, but I disagree on one thing. The thing that remains in my head is how you said blood scent hurts you more than it helps. I think one lvl of bloodscent is required, otherwise you can't chase as well or gank at all. You literally can't do anything w/o it. Unless of course you have a competent team with a lot of stuns.

sOtWiSteD

03-07-2010

Oh my god, wazzabi. You are creating jerks with this guide. Someone used that little tactic of yours, the 'gimp the weakest link' one. They used it against me and almost made me cry.
Why must you do this to me

Hoodie Assassin

03-07-2010

@Wazzabi

You've probably answered this before, but I didn't feel like going through all the pages, as I do not have time to. But what buffs/changed would you like to see in some upcoming patches for Warwick? I remember you saying "anything to keep him in a lane" but what exactly do you mean?

Wazzabi

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie Assassin View Post
@Wazzabi

You've probably answered this before, but I didn't feel like going through all the pages, as I do not have time to. But what buffs/changed would you like to see in some upcoming patches for Warwick? I remember you saying "anything to keep him in a lane" but what exactly do you mean?
This is a snippet of one of my responses in another post:

"Our definitions of lane presence are probably different.

To me lane presence is more than doing the bare minimum and not dying. Tower hugging is not lane presence. Being able to harass your enemies/farm/prevent them from farming is key. Also the ability to keep them at bay just by possessing a skill that they fear. For example, ashe's volley, zilean's slow, singed's toss, etc etc. Warwick kind of just... sits there. Yes he "could" get by in a lane, but against any good group of players this just isn't enough. They'll take advantage of him being in the lane and either farm creeps, farm him, or farm his lane partner.

Right now he brings more to the team by being in the jungle. The difference between laning and jungling is so great in terms of team benefit it's ridiculous."

So basically by lane presence I mean some sort of "threat" that you bring to a lane that other players will be like "oh **** i'm against warwick in my lane, his *insert ability here* is really annoying"

Years

03-07-2010

I have been interested in trying warwick, and followed your guide with pretty good results so far. I would like to share with you all a story about my 2nd game with him. This was in practace. Keep in mind that I'm level 29, not 300+wins.

I was playing my 2nd game(practace) and I ended up going 24/5/11. Yeah, and they werent godawful terrible, but jesus it was great. The entire time we had this TERRIBLE ammumu flaming me. The ENTIRE game was him saying how godawful my build was, that I had no malady, get a scepter, you have no lifesteal u suck spam. The entire time he was feeding, and me killing everyone I could find (except their mord) he kept on saying it, everyone including the other team was telling him that he was a moron. He said that his main was warwick and he would own me 1v1. I kept on telling him it was my second game, and I couldent give a **** about his bull****. Oh, and he said madreds was ******ed to get, which completly invalidates any of his opinons on builds.

Anyway, I won my first real game with warwick =)

dorkbrains

03-09-2010

I agree with a lot of wazzabi's guide but i just thought i'd throw something out there that i've been doing most recent;y. it's a change to my summoner spells that i find EXTREMELY nice. I no longer run smite/flash, now i run cleanse/flash

The one thing that just SCREWS warwick is CC, especially that silence that fiddle throws on you before he ults so you can't ult him, then BAM cleanse it, ult it, dead. It's obviously godly against oppenents like ashe who can stun you for an extremely long time while you're pounding at their turret, and ultimately....it gimps the other warwick!!! haha there is nothing better doign something i hate to the enemy warwick, and that's cleansing his ult.

one regret i have is i often forgot i have cleanse so it's going to take some getting used to but it's still nice. also, i really wanna stress with wazzabi it's IMPORTANT AS **** to watch your team, if they are doing good in a lane and the enemies have low HP or there are 2 squishies...then get red buff (i usually get it at level 4) and go gimp them! don't wait for level 6! do it early, red buff is INSANE and it wins games...but still, this is the BEST guide out there.

FistOfTheNorth

03-10-2010

Hi guys. Was debating whether to go cd reduction runes or armor pen.

1- Does hungering strikes percentage based attacks get reduced by magic resistance or armor? Or is it true dmg?

2- Does Madred's Bloodrazor 4% attacks get reduced by armor or magic resistance?

Thanks to anyone that can help answer those questions!

Wazzabi

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistOfTheNorth View Post
Hi guys. Was debating whether to go cd reduction runes or armor pen.

1- Does hungering strikes percentage based attacks get reduced by magic resistance or armor? Or is it true dmg?

2- Does Madred's Bloodrazor 4% attacks get reduced by armor or magic resistance?

Thanks to anyone that can help answer those questions!

Both are effected by magic resist. This is why i'd really love for them to make an ap build viable, it would be so much fun.

AIM7Sparrow

03-10-2010

Are you still steadfast in taking smite? It's hard for me to let go of flash/exhaust. Exhaust lets you gank sooo early without need of lizard buff. You even said yourself you wait until level 3+ to do lizard/golemn usually. I'm assuming Flash to be a staple, I always take it when jungle-wicking anyways, so I guess I'm asking what you think about taking Flash/Exhaust instead of Flash/Smite.

EDIT: Not to mention smite seems to lose its usefulness insanely fast with time becoming next to worthless late game. It feels like I'm looking at a graph of 1/exp(t) to put it in visual/nerd perspective.