Simple solution for locked camera view

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grogtank

03-06-2011

Doing a forum search I noticed a lot of people would prefer playing with a locked camera. I happen to be one of those people. The primary problem is the massive disadvantage of a locked view when you are the team at the top of the map. You simply can't see forward (down) far enough.

Simply allow users to rotate the camera before locking it in. Not just a 180 degree flip but allow us to rotate it anywhere within 360 degrees before locking in. Company of Heroes allowed users to rotate the camera and it really helped compensate for the awkward "top map" position.

Another nice addition would be a slightly higher zoom out point.

I absolutely love this game and can see myself playing for a long time if this simple solution is added.

pythonline

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2011

see my reply regarding this in the "Make Blue and Purple team even" thread

Quote:
A rotating screen sounds easy, but it's a whole lot more difficult than you would think.

LoL is a 2D game, a rotating camera requires a 3D game.

What's the difference?

Right now champions are essentially flat entities, their skeletons and skins only extend as far as the camera can see. making the game 3D would mean that everything would have to be completely re-made, a lot of work, especially considering we get a new champ every 2 weeks.

Grogtank

03-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonline View Post
see my reply regarding this in the "Make Blue and Purple team even" thread
I am 99.9% sure all in game models are 3d. I'm not sure what makes you think otherwise. Unlocking the camera allowing us to rotate it before locking it up again should be simple.

Daedrick4

03-07-2011

wtf? Everything(almost) is in 3d, what are you talking about? 2d skeletons? That doesnt make sense, how the hell can they animate them, you means its 2d skeleton on 3d characters...wut, I dont even?!