Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Corki... Hard to use?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roospion

02-05-2010

What the good of Corki?

I just unlock him as people say he deals HIGH dmg... but that is only after he is adequately farmed, with BLACK CLEAVER and INFINITY EDGE...

A lot of guides recommended the TRINITY FORCE but i find it useless and weak compare to the INFINITY EDGE since they cost roughly the same (4k+ gold)

Many MORE suggested maxing Q (p. bomb) for harressing but E (gatling gun) is better to max out first as Q eats MANA so fast and deal so little dmg in contrast... unless you go AP which is contradicting Corki Passive and E abilities...

And Corki is SO SQUISHY.. YET SHORT RANGE...withOUT any DISABLER... he can never do solo 1v1 with others of equal term, unless Corki manage to outgear and outleveled them...

So any good guides? other than the current ones, cuz they are like kinda outdated and MANY players had figured how to deal with Corki now...

Any effective guides on Corki? Better still with Videos commentary...

Thanks...

dovvntempo

02-05-2010

his high damage isn't due to his attack power bro. It's the fact that he has 3 spells that do aoe dmg that have short cooldowns. He has BURST damage, due to Q + R + E combo (and W if no one's around and you don't need the escape).

trinity force is great on him, as it allows him to slow, which allows targets to stay in range of his rockets. Added mobility and crit chance due to zeal? Extra damage, and extra mobility.

He can solo most champions because he does so much damage with Q. When you get rockets? Oh man. To quote a teemo I went up against (who gave me a hard time cuz he was good). "Man Corki is OP"... "give me a long range short cd skill that does high damage".

as for his squishiness, yes he is VERY squishy. Having a champion do as much damage and making him durable would be unbalanced. To compensate, you have to use your range and mobility to stay out of range out of disables (knowledge of enemy champ's skills and summ spells are key here). You may not be hittable, but your rockets sure can. If you ever do find yourself in a bind, you can valkyrie away. It's his escapability that allows him to survive, just like Kassadin, Shaco, and Nidalee all have escape moves. They're all squishy but notorious for being hard to kill. Also, if you do get CC'ed in some way, take cleanse. Cleanse + flash and you should be pretty hard to kill.

also, guides will only point you in the right direction. I've read a ton of guides and thought my item build was to blame for my bad game but when I see a nasus or a corki or _____ champion own hard with just a sheen or doran's shield or _____ I realize it's all about smart play.

and with corki you have to be on your toes. His low hp does not give you room for error.

http://www.livestream.com/messiahwins/video?clipId=pla_beec43d3-5d8d-41f3-905c-e04a0bf4f4ac

watch MrGrimm's replay against a teemo. He does well. And you know... I HATE laning against teemos.

h3w0

02-06-2010

corki eats teemo alive like no other on a lot of levels.

He can be played AP or AD both well. He has an amazing last hit ability so farm is usually pretty easy.

You max Q before E because no smart person is going to stand in your gatling for 5 secs to take max damage from it where as phos bomb is easy to hit with from a huge range. Gatling only shines later on in team fights where you will be able to hit a group of people with it for a few seconds at least.

And on corki solo mid, I'd say few champs are better suited to it. He doesn't have any hard counters really, just people that give him slightly more trouble.

Voidgolem

02-06-2010

Protip: Missile Barrage.

That is all.

ScrewZall

02-06-2010

I won 20 games with Corki when he was free. His passive and missile barrage adds so much damage It is like wearing 2 full items with 1 item. You just jump behind people, activite barrage and spam his ultimate such huge burst 1v1. Also you can use the jumping skill to survive ganks not only attacking ,its good survival hero even you say he is fragile.