Effing killstealers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

02-05-2010

Here's the situation. Big team fight, as blitz you pull in a FULL hp champ, dps him down to within an inch of his life, and one of your ****** teammates steals your kill. As blitz you have immense burst, but after that(untill you get TF) you are a bit lacking.
Is there any way as blitz you can increase your dps for that last half second to deal the killing blow? Also I learned by accident that you can pull people through walls. I rocket grabbed about 3 people in the last game and they were callling me a hacker rofl.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-05-2010

LoL is about bursting people down as fast as possible before people heal/ghost/flash out. Get over yourself and realise that this is a teamgame where the objective is to win, and whoever gets the killing blow is more or less irrelevant.

BeGentlePlz

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
LoL is about bursting people down as fast as possible before people heal/ghost/flash out. Get over yourself and realise that this is a teamgame where the objective is to win, and whoever gets the killing blow is more or less irrelevant.
+1

It's so idiotic to say that a TEAMMATE "stole" your kill <.<

Snoobish

02-05-2010

Blitzcrank is a support hero, you should WANT to give 100% of your kills to carries. This will not only make your team better, but will give you quicker wins and all around better IP income.

Zephyrmist

02-05-2010

its called being credit to the team.

KoalaP

02-05-2010

The point is not whether or not you get the kill. Its that the enemy champion is dead...instead of fretting over who got the kill or who deserved the kill...get over it and just push the lane.

Like others have said, this game is based around teamwork and strategy...not you getting high kill counts.

Spiroth

02-05-2010

I see it the same in all games I play...tanks have extreme uses and it's hard to play one right and they are necessary, but they do not get ANY credit nor the benefits the person who got the KB.

WHY would I play a character:

that gets no recognition
that gets no board stats...and anyone can have assists, just means you touched someone before they died
can't really kill people (if yer doing it right...generally a DPS tank is teamfail, IMO, unless there is another primary tank)

I started with Alistar. I like playing him. I get yelled at for jumping into a fight, as I get focused and die. I get yelled out if I play defensive and my team dies. I don't see any healing scores on score page. I ALWAYS get less IP playing a tank then another char. Poppy can do what I do far better without the heal. (smash->stun->whack->dead) Along with being invulnerable for 6 seconds and flashing out or dancing the victory dance. Combine that with the nerfed stun, and it's sucks time.

Alistars ulti is ok, but really is only good for tower diving/tanking. Using it in a group battle seems dumb; I always seem to die just as fast. I stack HP runes and get warmogs and other resist items that don't seem to make a difference.

So I play Cho. Free HP, heals self with kills, takes champs to or from half health, long range harrass, and really frigging cool Nightmare skin. (Talkin about OP!)

So, it's teemo for me. There is only a couple champs that shut me down, and twitch is no longer a problem.

Basically, I really think tanks are lacking, but people also overlook their benefits.

As for killstealers, ya, get over it unless it's intentional. I always try to let someone have the kill if it's a sure thing, but I won't hesitate for a moment if I think they'll get away.

On the other hand, I generally play with a twitch as a lane partner. I've learned that I'm done at that point. He'll steal all but the most lucky of my kills and will decimate minions, making the tank even harder to justify playing. I've gotten used to him doing this, as it's just how it's done. The other guy is dead, and twitch fires so **** fast "learning to last hit" is pointless.

I do get angry when people run up and steal my free kill. That's not team, that's epeen stroking.

I think if you do +%50 damage to a char, you get the kill. After 5 seconds, this is null...just like an assist.

I've ended many a game 1/3/20+ as TEEMO for crying out loud...but twitch or the other guy got just the reverse...20/2/1 or some such, and his IP is through the roof.

Carries are all good and stuff when I know you, but when you are just a pub ****** looking to stroke your epeen...RAGE. Now if it didn't affect me, I'd not care, but the fact is most all games credit for the KILL and little more. Sure the assist might get <insert coin/points in whatever game here>, but they don't get the bonuses the DPSers get.

Oh, and lets not talk about stealing the god **** mana buff. Hey, if I'm alistar, GIVE ME THE GOD **** MANA BUFF.

I don't ragequit (only did it once in 400 or so games) and I generally don't like surrender, but the fact that one person can screw your game and waste up to an hour or so of your time is rediculas.

./rant

Frintessa

02-05-2010

i dont really mind the so called "Kill Stealing" that you rant on so much. I play a tank in most of the games I play with my friends who are usually carries and hitters. it is with pride and joy that I allow them in as much as possible to take kills.

why? because they need the gold more than you do. every ounce of gold they get nabs them a step closer to finishing that Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster or whatever item is much in need to ensure the bigger victory at hand. now thats gold spent wisely

i call it the tankers creed

spreadfred

02-05-2010

ks is not a big deal. as long as the guy dies, its good for your team.
re blitz' dps- i've never found blitz to be a high burst character. his overdrive plus the spammability of his powerfist (esp when maxed out) gives him pretty good dps. also, dont blow ur ultimate until the end of a fight, or to ensure some1 dies. the passive on the ulti adds a lot to your dps abilities.

kitfox

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
Here's the situation. Big team fight, as blitz you pull in a FULL hp champ, dps him down to within an inch of his life, and one of your ****** teammates steals your kill. As blitz you have immense burst, but after that(untill you get TF) you are a bit lacking.
Is there any way as blitz you can increase your dps for that last half second to deal the killing blow? Also I learned by accident that you can pull people through walls. I rocket grabbed about 3 people in the last game and they were callling me a hacker rofl.
You do understand that the point of the game is to destroy the oponents' nexus right? How many minions, towers and champions you have killed is all irrelevant.
You can win a game by hard pressing mid lane and killing only that inhibitor forcing a /surrender from your oponents. Its all about the win and even a loss isnt bad if it was an epic battle that could have gone either way.
But there is no kill steal you as an indivisual dont exsist its a team effort of combined arms and skill to outplay your oponents. You can be 30/0/30 at the end of the game and if you lose the game at the end than guess who the r-e-t-a-r-d on your team is going to be