Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Magma Chamber and Summoner's Rift balance issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motyapa

03-05-2011

This is my problem with Magma Chamber being released, sure it's a shiny, new, and exciting map, but what of balancing issues?

The thing is Riot doesn't balance for Twisted Treeline, so tanky dps is pretty much the only option on that map, and Riot doesn't care. They only balance for Summoner's Rift. I'm pretty sure a red even posted they don't care for balancing that map anymore. So what's to stop Riot from only balancing for Magma Chamber/Summoner's Rift once Magma is out?

TL;DR: Now Riot only balances for Summoner's Rift, what's stopping that from changing once Magma is out?

ACD

03-05-2011

Magma chamber isn't coming out until soon. I'm sure you'll be playing a different game by the time it is released.

Daniellynet

03-05-2011

They're not releasing it because

1. They want to balance it out as much as possible.
2. They're still developing it.
3. They have to test it.

Eltrotraw

03-05-2011

that in itself could be a big reason why it's taking so long to come out, considering it's mentioned as well that magma chamber is meant to be a much larger map than summoner's rift

Motyapa

03-05-2011

Quote:
Daniellynet:
They're not releasing it because

1. They want to balance it out as much as possible.
2. They're still developing it.
3. They have to test it.

The question isn't why it's taking so long to release.

energybar

03-05-2011

Idk, I think part of the reason its taking so lang is because they're trying to balance it. You say that twisted treeline isn't balanced. What do you mean by tanky dps is the only option? Can that really be atributed to the map shape? Tanky dps is nice on Twisted Treeline, becuase it's such a small map, not due to the actual map shape. Some champs aren't as viable on TT as they are on summoners rift, but I think that's because they need a bigger map, and a longer timed game to operate. I don't think riot can really fix that while keeping TT a small 3v3 style map. Map shape isn't the issue, and that's what they can change. It's just that smaller conditions render some champs viable, while making others less viable. It's just a different kind of gameplay.

Korendil

03-05-2011

They have to finish the graphics overhaul before it's out on the test servers.

Xion Moonray

03-05-2011

Balance? In this game?

lol

Liath

03-05-2011

This is my problem with balancing all champions for all maps: no deliverables ever.

Ciaina

03-05-2011

I HATE NEW MAPS.

Dota was fine for YEARS with only one map.

Different maps = **** up balance = make all champs "similar" = make game BORING and metagame redundant.

Screw new maps. If you crave that stuff go play some FPS.

Different champions, hell yeah.

Give depth to the game, not cosmetic variations.

It's like taking a row and a tile away from a chess table: suddently horses are freaking OP.

I might be the only one, but i still HATE that gimmick 3v3 twisted-whatever map for ruining quite a few original champions.

Now let the new chop-chop session begin.