[Guide] Tryndamere: The Unbreakable Glass Cannon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy4rms

08-28-2009

Isaic,

Thanks for this guide. My brother suggested that I start playing this hero, thinking that I would really like his playstyle. After looking at his skills, he didn't seem very appealing to me. But once I read your guide, I've been having a blast shredding enemy carries and spellcasters alike. Thanks for your time and work on this!

One thing I have noticed is that especially at the end game he can destroy enemy carries, such as Master Yi or Ashe. Maybe his role is to be an anti-carry?

Isaic

08-28-2009

OOOooooh! good call Crazy4rms.

I've been liking how people have been saying that jax and yi will destroy Tryndamere, but take this scenario

1. your ulti is up
2. You are against a jax or yi either 1v1, or he's chasing your ally

When he's chasing an ally, mocking call, to let your ally get out of range, and you have the initial dps advantage when trading blow for blow. + you have your ally to help you, and he's already slowed.

1v1, they will probably dps you, in fact, engage these when they already have an hp advantage over you, it will make them stick longer and allow you to hold the mocking call for them when they are at a lower hp. They will bring you near death, and you ulti, which is 7 seconds of you just beating on them with max bloodlust counters, on low health which means more attack speed and an unbelievable amount of crits. At the end of these 7 seconds you bloodlust and you get some hp back, definitely enough to turn the table in most situations. When they run either because low on hp or they realized you turned on your ulti, mocking call for free hits or the kill

Isaic

08-28-2009

works even better for ranged dps, as they tend to run back and forward more, giving you more oppurtunity to drop your slow

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-28-2009

Great guide one thing I would change is a lvl 1 spinning blade is a must. For chasing and running, you know what I mean if you're one of those more experienced players from all those fights. Could save your life sometimes.

Elariel

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Jax View Post
Great guide one thing I would change is a lvl 1 spinning blade is a must. For chasing and running, you know what I mean if you're one of those more experienced players from all those fights. Could save your life sometimes.
Agree. Always get Slash at level 1.

ArcticSl0th

08-28-2009

I like this play style a lot. Was browsing the forum for a guide to pick up a new hero, picked this and was not disappointed. Won the first two games I played. I'm still bad at surviving, but I usually end up with my k/d being within at least 1 of each other either way, and my lightning fast pushing has been what gave a winning edge in both games anyways. Also, I like getting GA after PD, but again I tend to die so the reinc was big in my games. One thing not mentioned about his spin, it doubles as an incredible escape. You can go through impassible terrain with it, ie trees, so in a pinch its great. Anyways, thanks for the guide again. Really helped me pick up this hero.

Isaic

08-28-2009

Hey guys, i'm now experimenting with a new build that focuses on cheap ap (mostly throw lucky picks and sorcerors shoes) and then massing 3 spirit visages, and then replacing the picks with sunfire capes if the game lasts that long.

The theory is spinning slash spam which is supported by ap, reduced cooldown, and health regen, the later two from the visage. This build makes you more of an anti caster (from the huge MR), pusher, farmer, aoe nuker, and tank late game)

I don't know if i want to write another guide, if anyone else wants to take this idea and run with it, feel free.

Deshi

09-06-2009

Trynd is such a good champion! I've been following this guide for a few games and trying to add a few touches of my own.

I have no problems getting the first kill of the game with Trynd, in most matches, but he's very vulnerable early game with a DPS/Crit build, especially if you do get that first kill, as they will probably reinforce that lane and play more carefully.

I'm starting to really get used to his rhythm and the way his role changes throughout the game. At first I was dying way too much, because I was trying to use his ulti offensively (read- carelessly and greedily). I still rage a bit when his ulti doesn't trigger and since it's an ability that has to be timed to the split second to be fully effective, any lag or delay (or even complete failure to take effect, as often happens) can really mess up your game.

After 25-28 minutes of, at least an even game, he does transform in to a complete monster; taking out several champs in a matter of seconds. I've found that you really need to build his momentum slowly and steadily, to use him to the full.

For runes I've stacked up about 40% Crit damage, with cooldown runes as well. Masteries is something that I'm still not sure about, but it seems that a heavily offensive build works best.

With a heavy crit and attack speed-based build, you don't need any hp regen in the late-game, as a life-steal item will do you more good.

Thanks for the guide! I'm very grateful for this one.

PantyNinja

09-08-2009

The problem with this build is that he is a 100 second time bomb. The way your guide works he is dependent on his ult.

Ignus

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
A solid guide. Ive played a bit of dps tryndamere recently and think it plays much better now than it did previously. That being said im a big believer in building based on what you are facing and what your team is and not concrete builds, so I would recommend opening up some flexibility in the guide.

The only real problem I had was with the solo lane thing. Can trynd solo? Yes, almost any champion can really. Should he solo? No. He doesn't have a second lane parter to absorb damage or get last hits when he cant, and being a melee if he gets in a bad lane setup, he wont be able to approach the creep wave safely and thus you waste a lot of team resources.

Secondly hes guaranteed to be pushed up against his tower for safety reasons and the fact that he cant push it back, so your tower gets beat on, and it takes even more last hit potential away from him.
I disagree wholeheartedly with this. I've been playing and learning tryndamere based solely on my own experiences of what works and what does not work, and I refuse to play him unless I can solo. Tryn does not get massive crazy damage just as a matter of course. I love pushing the level advantage the entire game to farm like nuts and make him into somewhat of a carry.
Tryn is probably the best character I know of at staying alive and playing defensively while solo. I stay on the defensive to trick them into a false sense of complacency, picking up last hits and getting them with spins when I need them. And speaking of not being able to push towers back, Spinning slash is awesome at pushing back to your opponent's tower, it strips through half health minions like butter.
As for not being able to approach creep, that is not an issue for me. If really necessary, I will stay back and just absorb exp from minion kills until I get my delicious level advantage. with 1 point in blood lust, 2 in mocking shout, and 1 in spinning slash, I can generally get the first kill of the lane just about every time, and use heal or pop blood lust heal to get away safe. Vs. 2 I just keep spinning through them and their minions to safety, I edge my way around them and then spin back into my own line.