[Guide] Tryndamere: The Unbreakable Glass Cannon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isaic

08-22-2009

Actually that part about being pushed to the tower is a good point. I've soloed a few times as Trynd and I do find myself getting pushed inevitably back to tower, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In a normal situation with a different hero, your tower will get beat on and you will lose it rapidly. With Trynd, its likely you'll get to level 6 before the tower gets to the halfway damage, especially if the enemy are capitalizing on the fact you are a melee soloer and harassing abundantly.

And once you hit level six, you can try to lure and bait them to their deaths, which is really effective, as the enemy tends to overestimate the advantage provided by 2v1 especially against a melee, and underestimate the combination of tower targetting and mocking shout, which will generally allow 2-3 more tower shots.

caution

08-24-2009

Just went for starks, warmogs, infinity and went 17-1-9, best game ive ever had

didnt realise how awesome mocking shout is, esp in team fights and it has a low cd for such a strong slow/damage reducer.

exile

08-26-2009

Not a bad a build, can't really say there is anything wrong with it. When the team needs a tank, a build I normally go for is regrowth, greeves, belt of strength, belt of strength, mallet, atma's, and maybe warmong/sunfire.

Elariel

08-26-2009

Sadly at the current time even with all this you'll do less damage than Jax + Frozen Mallet.

Phyrose

08-26-2009

i did 20-2 with a tank build, i had like 4500 life and with lifesteal -atackspeed item (dont remember the name) + the extra critical damage per 2% heatlh i was invencible

Foreshadowed

08-27-2009

Why play glass cannon Tryndamere over Yi or Jax though? Ive played Tryndamere quite a bit and hes just not on Jax or Yi's level

Vacant

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
Why play glass cannon Tryndamere over Yi or Jax though? Ive played Tryndamere quite a bit and hes just not on Jax or Yi's level
You can spin through terrain?

Honestly though, that plus the thrill of his ultimate are about it. He's definitely not on the level of those two right now, but I've seen a general buzz about the both of them (Yi/Jax) being a little over'd this patch anyways.

If someone's choosing Tryndamere over Yi/Jax right now with equal experience/rune sets/masteries/etc. for all of them, it's purely for the joy of the no-mana playstyle and -noclip mode IMHO.

Zoobi

08-27-2009

That and the fact that you crit every hit when you're low with endless rage on. Epic awesomesauce.

Isaic

08-27-2009

Tryndamere is a better team player than either of those two. He basically lures all other heroes to hit on him because at 7 seconds, they never know when you fired off your ult, and you basically look like you are low health all the time. While they all pound on you, and you continue dpsing, your team has free reign to do whatsoever.

somewhere

08-27-2009

i really like tryndamere but he has to be the worst melee dps in the game, there's always that issue with his ult not poping as well.