Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ban people that cant speak english

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanadianIdiot

03-05-2011

Israel Zangwill rolls over in his grave every time someone tries to argue that English is the only valid language in North America.

Akimoto Haruki

03-05-2011

Què estàs parlant?

Gen Doukeshi

Recruiter

03-05-2011

Funny, the EU Server is full of people who don't speak English, and yet games go just fine there. Hell, I've been on teams where not a single person shared a language and we did fine. Language doesn't preclude the general ability of the players, nor the simple ability to ping. While language barriers might make perfect team cohesion difficult, it's not impossible and it's stupid to claim that anyone needs to speak a certain language just to play with you. If it bugs you so much, get a premade team.

Havelox

03-05-2011

What communication do you really need..You have "MIA" "B"

And Pings which can serve many roles.

Besides most of the spanish players I play with know enough English to get by with the above, and more.

But the same can't be said vice versa.

To me it seems like the OP just had a bad game, and wants to blame anyone he can other than himself.

Tetraplasm

03-05-2011

Banning them for something like that makes it feel as if they are BAD for speaking another language. All languages are equally legitimate and deserve respect.

However, having a system to avoid (if possible) putting players with language barriers on a team would be awesome. Possibly add a "native language" choice on accounts for such a reason?