Best lane partner with Irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shayed

03-05-2011

Subject Title. Who and why?

Thank you for your time.

Toogeloo

Recruiter

03-05-2011

Irelia is tanky and melee, so a good ranged partner helps her well.

I am not an expert on champs by any means, but I could see her doing extremely well with champs like Ryze, Twisted Fate, Blitzcrank, and basically anyone who can help burst down and keep the enemy from running off.

Shayed

03-05-2011

Blitz seemed to intrigue my other half yet I was also wondering if Kayle would be good to? She seems to want to play more " Im an in your face champ killer " type character :P

Toogeloo

Recruiter

03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayed View Post
Blitz seemed to intrigue my other half yet I was also wondering if Kayle would be good to? She seems to want to play more " Im an in your face champ killer " type character :P
That's not really how I would describe Kayle... like, at all. She is a melee auto-attacker (sans E), but that's about as close as she gets to in your face.

Kayle isn't a terrible choice I suppose though, but she is hardly synergetic. She has healing ability to keep Irelia topped off (which would kind of defeat her Stun), and she has a Slow Nuke to help bog the enemy down.

Sprodj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

Taric or Sion. The stun potential is flat out scary on Irelia (meaning the Sion or Taric can chainstun), and with mana regen runes, you can do this a couple times during laning phase, generally leading to great pain. Irelia also works fairly well with Janna, if you don't want to go for an early pressure start, because you will resist their retaliatory damage due to Janna's shield.

Kyoko Sakura

Recruiter

03-05-2011

Solo Top, I mean Taric/Janna.