(Pantheon) Skill order questions/thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

So I am seeing an increasing number of builds/guides recommending maxing heartseeker strike instead of stun, and I am wondering the reason. As far as I can tell, pantheon doesn't have the mana pool to support that skill in the early game. Best as I can figure:

a) They are using level 1 spear to harass/last hit and aren't pressuring.

b) They are unsure of heartseeker

c) I am unsure of heartseeker.

What are everyone's thoughts about skill ordering for mid-high elo. Personally, I go 1/1/1 and after lvl 3 I go 1 more into spear and then max stun.

Thanks.

Ethernia

02-05-2010

You should be able to pressure your oponents more then enough with level 1 spear, stun is terrible to level ahead of heart/spear as the stun doesn't scale off your damage, it has a base damage and then ap ontop of that, the stun always remains the same duration.

Golem for mana, harrass with level 1 spear, stun > heartseeker > gank when they are low enough.

Emoshun

02-05-2010

From my experience, what i use is lvl 1 spear, great for harassment and last hitting, then i get the stun, and then heartseeker strike. as i lvl up i keep the spear throw at lvl 1, mainly because it does good enough damage so long as you stack damage. Also, if you increase your "W" and "E" moves first, the cd's on those are reduced, whereas all you get from lvling up spear throw is increased damage.

i used to believe that it was better to lvl "Q" and "E" first as well, but with lower cd on your stun, you have more opportunities to get a kill, which means more gold and more levels.

Jothki

02-05-2010

From the few games I've played where I stacked attack damage, Heartseeker Strike becomes really, really good in the midgame. I wouldn't go more than one rank of it early on, but once I have attack damage stacked I want heartseeker to do as much of my attack damage as possible, while the stun is primarily used to get into position for heartseeker, which has a far higher cooldown than even the rank 1 stun.