ELO Hell - Solo Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riseken

03-05-2011

How in the world did YOU get out of ELO hell?
Do you think there should be an option where people can PAY to reset their ELO ratings?
Did you duo queue solo? I did.

I recently hit level 30 this week several days ago. On the first day of hitting 30, I managed to win 8 and lose 1 game hitting near 1500 rating. Unfortunately, it was just pure downhill afterward. I was being paired up with a bunch of in-game trolls who --loves-- playing to lose. LoL is a free game compared to other similar games like this. People take advantage of it being a free game to ruin the "more competitive" aspect, so they decide to waste most their free time simply playing to lose as some people don't care about their rating whatsoever [since they could always smurf]. Now you will probably say that it is just simply 'bad luck', and I agree that it probably is, but how in the world do you lose 14 games consecutively? 8 wins 1 loss soon became 8 wins 14 loss. I was down to the 11xx. Now it's just win/lose win/lose averaging near a 45-55% winning rate.

So what's your stance? How did you get out? Did you get out? Should there be an option to pay to reset your stats to HELP you get out of where one doesn't belong in?

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

Unfortunately for a multiclass game matchmaking / elo blatantly favor people who play carries, especially jungle carries, any high elo clown will tell you to just keep playing a carry / jungler and eventually you'll come out on top.

I personally think that's garbage, lol.

GoSlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

Are they saying that you got carried to that ELO? If that's the case, they're probably right...

It takes time to understand ranked.

MarthaJones

03-05-2011

How did i get out? Played support with clairvoyance, kept about 1-3 wards up at ALL times, got oracles to counter ward, and ganked wherever needed it (even if there was a jungler, i would still gank if i felt i could make a difference, not to mention it often opened up the 3rd solo lane, getting us another farmed carry.

You'd be amazing how much better players who would typically be considered "trash , noobs, feeders" are when you help them through the first 15 minutes of the game and they get a gear/level advantage on their opponents.

Riseken

03-05-2011

GoSlow: carried, no. I carried them in fact...

GoSlow

03-05-2011

carried them to 13 losses?

Jaghut Tyrant

Le Misérable

03-05-2011

It's impossible. I never lost more than 3 games in a row ... and even in those, I did pretty good.

I went from 1000 to 1350 playing as Swain and carrying ... that's what you have to do.