Matchmaking - An honest debate please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firebirdnz

03-04-2011

Hey everyone,

I'd like to think I'm half decent at this game ( without being an elitest **** xD ). It isn't my first rodeo with games like this. Been around since the original SC and WC days. The idea, layout, champions, graphics style of this game is rather appealing to me. I'm up now nearing on about 600 wins I think. Seems to me of late that matches I get placed in are ruining the experience that I once enjoyed.

Things I have noticed that aren't so nice when placed into a match:

- Leavers: This is on both teams not just mine. I dislike it when it isn't a fair match. Someone leaves on my team and it completely ruins the experience of 4 others. Or on the other hand someone leaves on the other team and that team surrenders. Both ways it is a waste of time. 20+ mins for a loss or the same for a win that is undeserved.

- People in a much lower bracket than myself: I understand there are varying levels of skill in any game. It just gets on my nerves to get into a game to have one or sometimes multiple people that constantly die (once again on either team). For instance last game I had 2 people, 0/11 and 0/13 after 30 mins. That is dying about every 3 minutes. I'm sure someone that knows the res timers can work out what that actual alive time is but it is just stupid.

- Trollers: Once again this is a normal part of the Online community. I firmly believe that with the above two things sorted it would at least sort out same team trolling. As long as it doesn't go to far nothing wrong with a fair match taunt or two.

While i'm talking about trolling I understand that some people are going to jump in this thread and talk junk. I would just like to hear other peoples views about the issue I have raised.

Thanks for reading all and regards for your thoughts and comments,

Firebirdnz

Xianio

03-04-2011

I think the matchmaking in this game is generally perfectly fine. Sometimes you'll wonder "how in the world is that guy good enough to play in my ELO?" but you gotta remember that everyone has bad games. Few people like to admit it for whatever reason but sometimes you'll get someone who simply makes bad choices because it's just "one of those games."

Rarely do I find that people doing poorly if actually engaged politely are playing either A) there primary champ or B) playing what they would consider a good game. You can never tell that though simply from scores/quiet people but ELO seems to do a pretty decent job for me at least.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

Im sorry, but what exactly do you want done?

Someone who has never left in 600 games can still leave your game. Can't really prevent that. Chronic leavers are banned.

Feeders: I'm sure you have experienced one of those games where you just couldnt get it going. I mean, maybe you were laning against a champ that countered yours really well and you were 20-30 behind in CS and died 1-2 in the laning phase. Yeah you can lane switch but that isnt common outside of high elo or when you are doing TERRIBLE. Now the laning phase is over and you are behind. You will be behind all game unless the enemy team is makes a mistake or your team mates can feed you kills/cs. This game is incredibly snowbally. So when you see someone go 0/10/x, remember that this is only one game and you have probably had one of those games before.

Trolls like leavers can come from anyone, except this cannot be automatically banned. I have no idea what anyone can do about it other than try to win without them or surrender asap. Report and start a new game.

Rehno

03-04-2011

Ide say its fair, but then I remember the pure ****ing garbage tier team mates ive played with. The blind incompetence ive seen makes me sick. So ide say no, its not a fair system, and needs to be reworked.

Firebirdnz

03-04-2011

Fair call. I am placed rather well most of the time. Could be that. I'll wait for some more responses.

ClownInMilkTruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

Don't you know that disruptive players are actually YOUR fault? Just ask any high elo player, it's true, lol.

Nicron

03-05-2011

They really need to crack down on bad feeders at higher elo. going 0/4 and above is just not acceptable as a solo lane carry. I just don't understand how these feeders get there 1700elo going 0/8 solo lane. Yea you have bad games sometimes but I'm getting sick of bad feeders playing in almost every rank games. Just not a good experience. Bad feeders almost every game. The rank system is fail Imo.

Gløry

03-05-2011

I'm 1250.

Recently i played a game where the highest rated person on my team was 1260. I'm 1250 and the other three people on our team were unranked.

The enemy team had a 1484, a 1300, and a 1270, and 2 unranked.

You can't explain that.

TheAngryMunchkin

03-05-2011

you can explain that glory, its called duo que. And its been screwign with proper rankign and matches for a LONG time now.

Leib Olmai

03-05-2011

NO system at all know before the game start if the guy will have a good or a bad game, if the person will choose a champ he's used to or not of if he's gonna troll

The actual system ALREADY punish leaver, afker.

The actual system match you with poeple from your bracket, most of the time, it take also in consideration the queue-time and other number. It works pretty good and most of the time it's pretty balanced in the overall elo.
If it isn't it's because someone waited really a long time and it's not pleasent at all, so they need to match them with someone, if you can't understand that, too bad.

Most poeple criticize Matchmaking, but they don't really have no idea how it works or don't come with anything to ameliorate it, or some with idea that wouldn't work with the code.
So if you have anything to say except qq, well go ahead, other than that, good luck.