New Champions, How good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stalecookie

03-04-2011

Hey all,

I'm just coming back after a long break and looking at the new champions, obviously they all look really cool, but I want to know which are competitive and which arent.

I was around for Ez, nida, poppy, gargas, panth, and those people.

In general (of the newish champs) who is "top tier" middle, etc.

Thanks

Sediti0n

03-04-2011

The good champions are the ones that you're good at

Thats some wise ass advice right there

I should ****ing patent that **** right now mother ****er
dont even ****ing think about ****ing taking my ****ing quote mother ****er

stalecookie

03-04-2011

Well thats true but there are obviously different levels of competitiveness to every champion.

The main one I'm looking at is Swain, any good?

Amythist

03-04-2011

swain is fun, maybe not a top tier caster but he does solid damage, although basically all through dots, and with his ult can be really hard to kill without ignite

stalecookie

03-04-2011

Dang, I'm trying to find a new caster I like. I feel like they take more "skill" (not to be elitist or anything) but I like them more. My fav character now is Morgana.

Any top tier casters in the new wave of champs?

Master Loki

03-04-2011

Try LeBlanc, perhaps? She has a high amount of burst damage and she definitely takes some getting used to with more strategy than others, I would say because of her ult (reuse the spell that you used last). It adds for unique game play.

Also, maybe you want to look at Ryze? Yes, I know he is not knew but he was remade to scale with mana and has become a tanky DPS caster as opposed to burst. Just some things to think about.

Amythist

03-04-2011

well I've heard, have not seen first hand, that once you get the hang of Cassiopea you can do some amazing things, other than that none of the casters lately have been too awe inspiring, swain is solid like I said before, Le Blanc is an assassin but is generally inferior to Kassadin, Lux is support/ap carry, an actually has a similar move set to morgana, skill shot root, shield, aoe slow/damage, and her laser ult, might also be worth giving Ryze another look if you haven't already he got a redesign not long ago that changed his playstyle a quite a bit

2xHero

03-04-2011

Holy balls, it sounds like you've been away for a long time. I guess I'll start at Shen, since Ezreal is the last champion you mentioned.

• Shen - top tier tank with a global range shield/teleport-to-ally ultimate as well as an AOE taunt. The first ninja, who uses an energy system instead of mana.
  • Kennen - decent mage with an the ability to stun several targets multiple times. Generally builds a Rylai's and Zhonya's Hourglass. (Zhonya's ring was split into two items, a defensive hourglass and the offensive Rabadon's Deathcap). Kennen also uses the energy system.
  • Garen - a bit lackluster at the moment. One of the many beefy-DPS champions. His skills are all free like Katarina's.
  • Akali - an incredibly snowbally assassin. OK early game, but an absolute monster if fed. Typically builds a Rylai's and Lich Bane. Also uses the energy system.
  • Malzahar - decent mage that is strong laning and has very high damage, as well as an ultimate with suppression. (Suppression is a newer CC that functions like a stun, but also negates the use of summoner spells, i.e. cleanse and is immun to CC reduction abilities) However, he has weak escape abilities.
  • Olaf - another beefy DPS. He is also a strong jungler
  • Kog'Maw - a ranged carry with very high single-target damage. Typically builds a Madred's Bloodrazor.
  • Xin Zhao - another beefy DPS and is probably the strongest of that class.
  • Vladimir - basically, a beefy mage. His skills cost health. His damage is ok, but he is a pretty strong laner, and is very hard to kill because of Sanguine Pool
  • Galio - an underused tank. His ultimate is a channeled AOE taunt that does increased damage based on how many times he is attacked while taunting. His passive benefits from Magic Resist.
  • Urgot - a monster in a lane. He is a physical nuker like Pantheon. Typically builds manamune, banshee's veil, and frozen heart.
  • Miss Fortune - a range DPS carry. She has two spells (including her ultimate) that stacks with attack damage, as well as a built-in attack speed booster.
  • Sona - a support champion is very much ridiculed for how easy she is to play. Her main skills are auto-targeted, combined with an aura. They work similarly to Udyr's stances, but she also has an AOE stun for an ultimate.
  • Swain - a beefy mage. He is a bit snowbally, but still has decent laning. Typically builds RoA and Spirit Visage
  • Lux - a long ranged support/harasser champion. Has little difficulty stacking Mejai's because of her long range. She is mostly played as a nuker as opposed to a support since she only has one real support ability.
  • LeBlanc - a snow-bally assassin. She has very high burst damage and very good escapes, but has to get farmed to be very relevant late-game.
  • Irelia - another beefy DPS, typically builds Trinity Force and Mercury's tread (for a passive which stacks with her innate CC reduction)
  • Trundle - another beefy DPS. He is a very good jungler, and typically builds a Wriggle's Lantern (a new jungler item), Mercury's Treads (he has a cc reduction skill) and Trinity Force
  • Cassiopeia - a very high damage mage. However, she has pretty poor CC and less than stellar range. She is largely believed to be the most difficult champion in the game to play well.
  • Caitlyn - a physical nuker. She is a strong laner...and that's mostly it, afaik.
  • Renekton - another beefy DPS. He has pretty strong laning, with a built-in healing, and dash that can be used twice, and a stun. He is Nasus' brother, and reflect this with an ultimate that is very similar to Nasus'. He uses a new Fury resource system.
  • Karma - a support champion. She isn't used much because she does not have great clutch saves or a strong heal. She has an alternate skill level system. She start with her 'ultimate' at lvl 1, it cannot be leveled beyond this, and her three skills level up 6 times each.
  • Maokai - a tank. Not too many people play him, since he has low-damage spells, and relatively weak CC for a tank. His ultimate is AOE damage reduction that can really decide a fight, though.
  • Jarvin IV - another beefy DPS champion. He is new and very popular.

That's my opinions on all the newer champions. I hope it helps you out a bit.

stalecookie

03-04-2011

My only regret is I have but one upvote to give.

Sir you are a man among boys. haha

Sunfire Sandals

03-04-2011

Swain, is, GODLIKE.

I play him as my main and tend to win more than I lose, in some cases even tanking/dpsing/support/carry all at once lol.

I typically go RoA, Sorc Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's/Other AP item, Thornmail/Banshee's Veil, and the rest is depending if I need more dmg or more tankiness.

I recently did a match where I had 550 AP, 147 armor 117 MR, 3.5k hp and was main tanking while being main dps and carry...

point is, some reason people are really bad with him >_> only seen two others in about 30-40 enemy swains who have a clue how to play him.