Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[SUGGESTION] Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JinX9001

08-20-2009

I agree with other, Rune cap raised or removed. Also a Delete funtion would be GREAT!. A spot to remove runes and or at least for the Beta a remove ALL runes option.

Now to the point. The rune system was really well thought out but theres a ton on confusion.

Can't it be as simple as.

5 lvl 1's = lvl 2
3 lvl 2's = lvl 3
2 lvl 3's = Quitessence.

And just factor it by the majority of one rune when combined = the next one up.
For instance.

5 Lvl 1's: +10hp, +10mp, +2crit, +10hp, +1Hpregen = Lvl 2 20hp Rune
3 Lvl 2's: +20hp, +20mp, +4crit, +20hp, +1HpRegen = Lvl 3 30hp Rune
2 lvl 3's: +30hp, +30mp, +6crit, +30hp, +3HpRegen = Quitessence 50hp Rune

This above showing that when combined it chose the HP bonus over the others because
there was more than one. Also for a person who added of of each you could either make
a special rune adding a .01 of everything

OR

just give them a random rune of the next
Lvl if they didn't supply two runes of the same benefit.
as shown below.

3 Lvl 2's: +20hp, +20mp, +4crit, +20hp, +1HpRegen = lvl 3 Random Rune

Of course you would also need to code it for the case of them adding a double of two runes.

5 Lvl 1's: +10hp, +10mp, +4crit, +10hp, +10mp = = Lvl 2 20hp or 20 mp Rune

Also could you put back the Crit and other runes you removed, Some of us like to
PWN late game over early. :P

Therg

08-20-2009

good idea, i do think something needs to change with the rune system, its pretty annoying trying to test things out

Chiablo

08-20-2009

I'd also like to be able to toggle to just a list of runes and their abilities without the icons. Especially right now where you have 120 runes to sort through, it's madness sometimes.