Your Evelynn Strategies, Layouts etc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigskeez

02-05-2010

Although Knew to Evelynn, having played only 6 games with her I'm starting to figure that she will be my main 'Legend' throughout the rest of the game.

I was personnaly wondering about other frequent Evelynn users.
What Items do you use in-game?
What's your ruin layout for your summoner?
What's your skill try consist of?
What Summoner spells do you use?
And What's your strategy when entering a game from start to finish?

ThePlumber

02-05-2010

First I get a mana crystal (to use to turn into a sheen) along with 2 hp pots
When I have 1610 gold I go back and get base boots and a sheen, then start to roam and gank people
After that, the first thing you should get is mejais and try to play very carefully to get charges
The next thing to get is either A) Rylais for the extra health and your hate spike will slow them
or if you are really owning and not dying, get a B) Zhonyas Ring
Turn that sheen into a Lichbane
I dont usually get further than this. If you need extra survivability, you can always get a banshees veil.

All teir 3 Runes of Force (AP per level) and flat HP quints. This will give 97 hp (at level 1, which really helps) and 61 AP at level 18

Up to 21 in offense, making sure to get the cooldown, and 40% magic penetration mastery
9 wherever else you would like

Smite and flash, there are no other alternatives for Eve for me
With smite, it helps to stealth steal creeps, get the golem and lizard buff, as well as use it early game in order to get the items you need. A sheen and a mejais need to be bought as soon as possible.
Flash is for getting out of the main ruckus of teamfights after you go in and cause some damage. Stealth in, stun, ravage, and hate spike till something dies, and if you are taking damage, flash out. I have tried her with no flash, and I find myself dying a lot in teamfights.

Depends on who im laning against
Once you get sheen though, around 6 or 7, you can start ganking. Keep people afraid of you.

Rasks

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigskeez View Post
Although Knew to Evelynn, having played only 6 games with her I'm starting to figure that she will be my main 'Legend' throughout the rest of the game.

My Eve strategy is very similar to The one that ThePlumber posted. however, I do have some small differences that I feel help. Instead of getting the Sapphire crystal first, I normally buy amplifying tome + 2 health pots first. This really helps with early game damage (that plus the ignite mastery, would have yous tarting at 30 ap, and that is before runes.) This could help get some early kills, or help with farming early on. Once I have the gold, I normally head back to buy items, In an evenly matched game, I'll get sheen, but if I've noticed that I've started getting kills really early. I will go ahead and buy mejai's first (if you're uncertain, about it, then always get sheen first.) Then I will buy some boots of mobility, and start ganking, eventually getting mejai's/sheen (whichever I didn't get first.) then upgrading sheen to lichbane.

Normally this is enough, but if you need to, get rylai's, or if you're not having any issues killing opponents and surviving, get zhonya. (if the game is for some reason still not over, then buy whichever you didn't earlier.)

final item build
tome+2 health pot
tome>sheen
boots of mobility
mejai's soulstealer
sheen>lichbane
Rylai's
Zhonya
(if the game is still going, look at the heroes and their items to determine a 6th item.)

Right now, my runes are all stacking AP runes, except my marks, I have magic pen on my marks.
This is the page I actually built for another hero, but it's been working fairly well, Getting some hp like ThePlumber suggested, could help too though. I still very HEAVILY recommend magic pen on the marks though. It normally add more damage than straight ap.

skills
I always pick up hatespike first, but only ONE level until late game! If you pick up more, the mana cost increases, and you'll find yourself inside you base more than anything else.

Then I pick up a level of stealth, and a level of ravage. After that the priority is,

Ult > Ravage > stealth > hatespike

Summoner spells,
Smite and Ignite. These two are hands down the best for Evelynn. Smite helps with Evelynn's weak early game, and it allows her to get golem buff early, and some early jungling helps too. Ignite, 10 ap from the mastery, is insanely good early game. Not to mention, the ability itself, even without the mastery, is good.

Materies, I'm still playing around with this, make sure you pick up the ignite and smite masteries though. Currently right now I'm going 21/9/0 The defense masteries help keep you alive after a gank, and I've found it to be very helpful for keeping my stacks on soulstealer.

Unfortunately, if your still fairly new, you're going to find that higher ELO players don't percieve Evelynn as much of a threat. She has an awful early game, and unless she's been heavily fed, an pretty bad late game. Oracle really makes playing evelynn hard. So, watch for vision wards and check enemy players for oracle occassionaly. It will save you, a lot. Late game, always assume they can see you.

Grinningsphinx

02-05-2010

The best Eve strat is to not play her at all, and to dodge Q when some new player says how pro they are with Eve.

Alcalz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

My item build is derived from other guides I've read, but altered to suit my tastes.

Instead of starting with a tome, i start with a crystal. Why? The ability to use your powers trumps the damage bonus you get from them, in my opinion.
Crystal + 1 health potion
Upgrade crystal to sheen at 800~ gold.

Then Mejai's. Mejai's is key to your damage output, and you want to get it early rather than later. Most guides I read recommend getting your boots first, but the boots are there to assist your lane to lane ganking. It makes more sense to decrease that ability, but increase the bonuses you get from ganks of any kind. You'll probably get less kills early, but you'll get better mileage out of them.

Mejai's

Now, boots of mobility. Alternatives are sorcs boots, mercury treads if the opposing team is full of stuns.

After this it's obvious that you want Lichbane, since it gives you ridiculous damage.

Now you start to have choices; essentially, do you get Zhonya's ring or Rylai's scepter? That depends significantly on the game you've been playing.

If you are having health problems, go for Rylai's. But if you can get the lizard buff, then you can already slow people, and Rylai's is less appealing. In that case, grab zhonya's, and then rylais afterwards. The reason is that you'll simply have so much AP with zhonya's that you'll murder anyone who comes your way before they have a chance to hit you. It's a judgement call, and depends on how clever the enemy team is.

It's also fairly important to get an oracle. It allows you to find wards and to hit any enemy invisibles. Play carefully and you'll rarely die.

Rune lay-out: AP. Cool-down reduction if you've got it.

Skills: As someone above said, you want one of each as early as possible, and then Ult - Ravage - stealth - hate spike. Hate spike does good damage, but it's more useful for procuring your lichbane/sheen bonus. Ult is, well, you're ult, stealth gives you a bonus to your stun, and the stun is always useful. Hate spike does about equivalent damage to ravage, but ravage is a single nuke, and it also reduces armor, which is hella useful.

Summoner spells: exhaust, and probably ghost. flash may seem to be better, but ghost is longer, allowing you to chase down some irritating champion, or to get away. Flash is a pretty small jump... and they just nerfed it's cooldown.

For the full game, it's hard to say. Level until you have mejai's. Then go gankaholic, and get the lizard buff whenever you can. Team fights are Eve's weakness; you can't help much. Essentially I use Eve to scout out any potential side ganks, and to pick off anyone who's retreating. In an actual fight, you last seconds, and at best you can throw in a stun and ravage and then GTFO.

Alcalz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

Sorry, forgot to say;

I usually get stealth first. Simply because it lets you confuse people in the early game. A good strategy is to go mid first, and have your carry go bottom or side. After not too long (level 2 maybe), you call your carry to the mid, stealth and try to murder your mid opponent. If that doesn't work, stealth again, and replace your carry on the top/bottom. They still think you're in the mid due to your stealthing, and you might get a kill in your new lane early. It doesn't work against a careful team, but usually you get a good kill in there, while still letting everyone take the proper positions.

TiV3

02-06-2010

When I play eve, I build me a sheen+boots (later merc treads), look for opportunities to gank, finish my infinity edge around 30 minutes mark and pick a green elixir, wait for my team to initiate a teamfight and pray that I won't get CC'd into oblivion when I jump in. Soon the game will end. If not, I usually get more crit items. (exe calling, trinity force)