When you are playing with an angry teammate...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kitfox

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaral View Post
What does everyone do when someone starts getting really angry in a solo que game? Recently there have been a lot of players that try to play everyone's character, call people names, tell everyone how much they suck and in reality the game is pretty much a tie usually. In fact some of the time these games turn around and our team wins, and others its a close loss.

These people ruin the fun of the game, and I think they hurt team "chemistry."

The obvious easy solution is to start playing only with people I already know, but that's not always possible and that wasn't the point of the question. Once in a game with a "mean person" what do you do? (Couldn't write the word for the male reproductive organ in quotes...)
i just ask them politely to stop the insults OR redirect the to the /all channel to harrass the oponents and drop their morale (All assuming the insults are acgtual character attcks and not constructive critism of my noob play).

if they refuse to listen i just tell them regardless of what they say after this message i wont be able to see it..so i just /mute them and all is well

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wazzabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaral View Post
What does everyone do when someone starts getting really angry in a solo que game? Recently there have been a lot of players that try to play everyone's character, call people names, tell everyone how much they suck and in reality the game is pretty much a tie usually. In fact some of the time these games turn around and our team wins, and others its a close loss.

These people ruin the fun of the game, and I think they hurt team "chemistry."

The obvious easy solution is to start playing only with people I already know, but that's not always possible and that wasn't the point of the question. Once in a game with a "mean person" what do you do? (Couldn't write the word for the male reproductive organ in quotes...)
I just want to say off the bat that I am not condoning this behavior.

With that said I want point out that there is almost always a cause to the rage. Many players, including myself, have found themselves raging at teammates at some point or another. I wish it didnt happen, but it does.

If you are calm and find yourself stuck with a rager, the best thing to do is figure out what he's raging about. If he is upset because he pinged 5 times and nobody noticed it, or that he was asking for help for 5 minutes and his lane finally fell and nobody came, try and remedy it by pointing out that you realize why he's upset.

Just like many people are upset when people are raging, ragers are upset when people are not paying attention/not helping their team.

I'm not saying you were doing any of those, but I'm just saying he's most likely not raging for the hell of it.

Just as if a baby were crying. They're probably doing it because they're hungry, or because they ****ped themselves. A good parent wouldn't stand over the crib and go "why are you crying, wtf is your problem" A good parent would think about why he's crying and try and fix it.