When you are playing with an angry teammate...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

What does everyone do when someone starts getting really angry in a solo que game? Recently there have been a lot of players that try to play everyone's character, call people names, tell everyone how much they suck and in reality the game is pretty much a tie usually. In fact some of the time these games turn around and our team wins, and others its a close loss.

These people ruin the fun of the game, and I think they hurt team "chemistry."

The obvious easy solution is to start playing only with people I already know, but that's not always possible and that wasn't the point of the question. Once in a game with a "mean person" what do you do? (Couldn't write the word for the male reproductive organ in quotes...)

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

If they are swearing at your or insulting you, ignore them.

If they are telling you what to do in a constructive way, LISTEN. Consider what they are saying before you drop a "don't tell me how to play". (BTW if that is something you have said before, YOU are the problem).

If they are getting mad at you for something you did, ask them what it was and what would have been a better idea before yelling back. It may be that you did do something wrong.

Always be open to criticism. Never put up with abuse.

Ray Cless

02-04-2010

Realy man. Some players just have big mouths. Ignoreing thim is one way to fix it. But players like that don't give it up so add thim to the ignore list. Players giveing advice in a constructive way is a bit better but if you dont like ther ideas tell thim you know how to play and your fine (thay may even rage leave and fix the problem ther). If your just realy sucking, it happens. It's a game. Thay will live. This game like any other is forming an elitest core. And like any other 60%-90% will be bad players who ether payed ther way to the top thrue IP and Exp bosters. Are started in beta and have maxed out all ready. Don't worry about loseing and just have fun. I did good for my furst week and now im playing L30 guys at L11. Ther runes and master points alone can make thim imune to my attack and once you get ahead in this the games all most over. So don't worry about the complaning about how your doing it may not even be your doing at all. If it is sooner are later evryone gets to the point that thay see whats losing it for thim.

O and hope for a kicking system lol. If the guys suck a **** he can't be played with chances are the team will want him gon as much as you.

BeGentlePlz

02-04-2010

I try not to suck or be a dumbass and not piss my team off D: Some people are incredibly immature and deal out unwarranted harassment..but to be honest, most of the time someone has raged on my team it has been pretty warranted. That is just personal experience though. Some people are just idiots and ruin the game by doing stupid ****. We all play to have fun and win...Hard to have fun if you're not winning though :P

Empyron

02-05-2010

I find there is at least one person I add to the ignore list, EVERY GAME.

KNSK

02-05-2010

from personal experience i have been extremely mad certain games....for example: I met the same heimer twice in one day that built turrets next to the tower and stood there the WHOLE game... he didnt move.. didnt buy stuff..didn't harass... just stood there behind the tower and built turrets... so pretty much it was a 4 v 5 (with a tower protected for 20 mins). The enemy trist in the same lane lvled to 17 or 18 while he was around 10 at most. Also, the guy was doing it on purpose... he was lvl 30.... he knew how to play... i bet he did it just to piss other people off. Sometimes, not everyone wants to have fun... they want to make u angry.

when you suck sometimes in a game when u usually dont.. just admit it that u f-ed up. I mess up sometimes so I jsut tell everyone that i'm sorry and i lost it. You would only do that if it was really your fault.

people usually also only criticize when they just died because they think u did something wrong. just say you tried ur best. as for other ppl that is yelling at ur other teammate.. u can't rlly do anything about it. Ignore them i guess.

AgnesNutter

02-05-2010

If someone is being a **** on the other team, it doesn't really bother me. All part of the experience really. But if someone on my team is being an *******, especially when its unwarranted then I'll probably just quit. The people who harass their own team members are usually the type who take the game super seriously so this is the best possible solution as it will **** them over, and potentially (although probably not) make them think twice about making fun of team mates again.

The best instance of this was when my team mate decided to **** talk me when we were winning the game, and I was carrying the team... which was absurd. We had destroyed all towers outside of the base and had killed the mid turret and inhibitor (not to mention we had only lost the first mid tower) but this dude just keeps it up (using racial slurs and homophobic comments) and won't shut the **** up. Little did he know that he was **** talking a premade of 3 other guys. So we all just AFK'd at the fountain and the other team won in about 10 minutes.

Everyone has ****ty or off games so really, just go easy on your team mates. Offer advice if you can and don't discourage them by putting on caps lock and swearing at them. Ultimately I play this game to have fun, so if someone is interrupting my fun or making it less enjoyable then I stop playing. Simple as that really.

Dartkun

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesNutter View Post
If someone is being a **** on the other team, it doesn't really bother me. All part of the experience really. But if someone on my team is being an *******, especially when its unwarranted then I'll probably just quit. The people who harass their own team members are usually the type who take the game super seriously so this is the best possible solution as it will **** them over, and potentially (although probably not) make them think twice about making fun of team mates again.
Or they'll just have more fuel in hating "bads". Or possibly add you to list of queue-dodge people. Idk

AgnesNutter

02-05-2010

E: Mistook the part you quoted.

You're right though, it would add more fuel to the fire and you might get queue dodged. Although in my experience I hardly every see the same players twice.

j3ff

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaral View Post
Recently there have been a lot of players that try to play everyone's character, call people names, tell everyone how much they suck and in reality the game is pretty much a tie usually.
Just remember that all these games had one key similarity - you were in them.

Maybe it isn't the case with you, but sometimes it is important to suck it up and come to terms with the fact that you are the problem.

Coincidences tend to be rare, not the rule. If you are running into angry player after angry player and they are all different people, it's time to stop, think, and reconsider yourself.