jarvan or xin zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaiGurenZero

03-04-2011

which should i get? jarvan or xin zhao plus a random 1350 ip character?

DeadRamza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

i don't know
that depends on your play style
xin zhao got a lot of crowd control (abilities that disables the opponents also known as CC) and he's definately a nice starting champion
jarvan is a new champion and i never played with him but i find him very strong

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-04-2011

I highly recommend only buying champions after you have tried them. There's no way we can know who you will like, and you'll be using up a ton of IP that could be spent better. If you have 5-10 champions you enjoy playing unlocked, farming up some IP to buy runes goes a lot more quickly, so buying a champion blindly at a later date isn't as big of a deal.

Big Bang Typhoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

Xin is free right now and he is a SICK character, Jarvan is good too but Xin has a really fluid and IMO easy playstyle. He is a good character for people that like to be aggressive because he is a stellar, really top of the line initiator and assassin. Jarvan takes a lot more finesse especially with his ultimate.

DaiGurenZero

03-04-2011

yeah xin is basically easy mode i can say that, just don't feed during early game, build items that would counter the opposing team and then insta-win,

jarvan on the other hand, i find him very difficult to play, sadly i bought him before reading your replies, and i must say im quite dissapointed, or rather i find him hard to play. first 3 games, i lost, 2 of the first i kinda had the highest deaths, and last game i did quite fair but i did not in any way contribute to my team, which kinda sucked too

so any pro tips on jarvan? should i play him as tanky, hybrid AD-AP, pure damage or what?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-04-2011

Jarvan needs to be beef or tank imo. His ultimate is a death sentence for squishies without a flash/blink, and is great for aoe teams. He has a gap closer to initiate (the flag + spear combo, as well as his ultimate), and a defensive spell, making him great at either role. If he goes pure dps, I feel he just puts himself in too many situations where he'll die instantly way too often.

DaiGurenZero

03-04-2011

i guess so, one thing though i always find myself running out of mana with him,

I guess i'll build him tanky, although i like garen better on being a tank,

Big Bang Typhoon

03-05-2011

I'm pretty new so I can't give you the "Definitive" guide to Jarvan, but I made a few friends the past couple days and one of them plays Jarvan and one plays Fiddlesticks.

The Jarvan would open the arena, the Fiddlesticks would crowstorm and then jump in, and basically ANYONE on the wrong end of that died. (They nuked a nunu from like 80% with that combo). I imagine an Annie or really anyone with hard ranged DPS could really mess up someones day once they get arena'd as well, and probably a lot of other heroes of all sorts that I'm not experienced enough to know about.

Jarvan requires teamwork though so for newbie PUGs I'm not really sure how I feel about him. That's why I like Xin, because he doesn't really need any support and he can just make it happen on his own and his AOE ultimate is useful in team fights without any coordination whatsoever.

DaiGurenZero

03-05-2011

yeah i guess, i can't coordinate attacks in solo queu matches, it just doesn't work, they would initiate, then i thought i'd help them, next think i know they were all running away while im left for dead, then they call me "feeder" i'm like wtf you leave me in the middle of battle everytime, but w.e enough of my rant

i think cataclysm's cooldown is pretty long, it doesn't even compare to ashe's ulti or xin's ulti, whereas xin's ulti, in spite of having short cooldown, can shorten it via 2nd skill, i think the cooldown should atleast be made shorter for ulti, then standard + lance is pretty slow too, i haven't tried using smart keys but i'm sure as heck you can't use standard + lance to chase people

Big Bang Typhoon

03-05-2011

Standard + Lance isn't for chasing, it's for initiating. You need someone like Yi or another fast character that can move around quickly to chase and "Clean up" after you lane into them and burn them to within sight of the pearly gates.