Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Fiddlesticks : The MP Death Knight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eberzelius

Recruiter

02-04-2010

If this gets popular, I'll add my full, optimised build. For now I'll focus on the MP stuff.

First, you may have noticed (and I hope you did), but Fiddle's passive is dealing 16 MP on surrounding champions. This is an invitation. Fiddlesticks really IS meant to be built with alot of MP.

Second, you absolutely must know that magic penetration stacks after the magic reduction. So it's TOTALLY worthless if you lower below 0 the ennemy's magic resist, and not really useful if you get alot of magic pen. So forget the Void Staff, and the 15% mastery.

Now, the main point is here:
Nobody ever buy one of the best items ever for fiddlesticks:
Haunting Guise - +20 magic pen, HP and MP regen, AND 10% cooldown
Items needed? Rejuvenation Bead and Faerie Charm. You can buy the two of them on the start point, plus a mana pot!!! AWESOME STUFF for a lvl 1 fiddle.
Than, with the Abyssal Scepter and sorcerer's, you get another +40 MP
With the primary runes, you get another +12
And now, the passive deals +16.

You do the maths: 88 MP!!!!!!
Some people may think that below 0, MP doesn't worth much. TOTAL LIES! That's even more awesome!!! I don't have the exact numbers, though, but it IS worthing it.

It's alot better than AP: Fiddlesticks recieve really little boost from it. MP is definitively better.

I can't think of ANY more useful items for Fiddle (or for any DPS casters, in fact)

YoonieDaCutie

02-04-2010

Quote:
Eberzelius:

You do the maths: 88 MP!!!!!!
Some people may think that below 0, MP doesn't worth much. TOTAL LIES! That's even more awesome!!! I don't have the exact numbers, though, but it IS worthing it.

Okay, so... some may say that spamming "stat X" past its threshold isn't worth much but THEY'RE WRONG because I"M RIGHT and I"M RIGHT because... oh wait I don't have numbers.

88 MP is excessive, really. Except maybe really really late in the game and only if like 3 or more of your opponents have 88 MR and more.

Eberzelius

Recruiter

02-04-2010

Oh, wait, you don't have any number either to prove your point. You're just being all affected by the way I'm saying it. While I got experience. Test it before saying anything, and compare your basic damage with the bonus of your negate MP. That's what I'll do right now, and try to put som numbers here after ;P

Pobelter

02-04-2010

Magic pen does not go into negatives
Magic defense does
you are mixing MD with MP
therefore 88 MP would be a waste unless they had >88 MP

Eberzelius

Recruiter

02-04-2010

At least u put som useful stuff ;P
Haunting Guise's still a pretty darn good item, tho. And after your quick advice, I rechecked the items:
Fiddle's passive+Abyssal=36 magic resist reduct
Haunting Guise+Sorcerer's+runes=52 MP
I'd go here for other quints, so it's like, 48 MP, which is pretty viable too.
Magic resist is than reduced to -36 for players with less than 48 MR

PS: had a score of 12-0-11 on my last game with this present build +soulstealer ;P

YoonieDaCutie

02-05-2010

Whether you owned or not in your game does not change the fact that going for more MP than is needed is inefficient and ineffective. You could have gone 120-0-100 and it still wouldn't make a difference - too much MP still isn't good.

Magic Reduction and Magic Penetration are two different things:

Fiddle's passive and Abyssal Scepter provide 16 Magic Reduction and 20 Magic reduction respectively.
Haunting Guise and Sorc Boots provide 20 Magic Penetration respectively.

Reduction can reduce MR to negative values, penetration however only IGNORES MR, so it cannot bring MR to negative values. (i.e. opp has 20 MR, you have Abyssal, Haunting and Sorc Boots. 20-36 = -16, and that's what his MR will be. if opp has 50 MR, then 50-36 = 14, and then the 14 is ignored by your Mpen to 0, making your excess Mpen worthless)

Reduction applies before penetration, so with your opponents at ~80 MR, going for Sorc Boots, HG and Abyssal Scepter is indeed a good idea to maximize your magic damage done. The problem comes about when you use Void Staff. It really is only worth it when an opponent stacks SO much MR that they probably aren't doing much damage and would be really squishy to physical damage.

Eberzelius

Recruiter

02-05-2010

Nyx, I learned nothing in your last post. Everything you said was written before. Plus, the PS (or Post Scriptum) are generally used as extra informations, not as arguments. To put it simply, you can go f*** yo****** with your s***** attitude, while I fine-tune my build with constructive stuff.

MuscleMemory

02-05-2010

**** someone's cranky, get two RoA win the game, you become an off tank (high priority kill) when your ultimate is going and you can usually silence/terrify people long enough to stay alive for the whole fight.