Annie gameplay questions - pyro and item order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS19e9be74c30a832fc3905

03-04-2011

I've been toying around with Annie to start out, but I've been noticing I'll get to 4-5 pyro stacks, and either save it, meaning I get fewer last hits with disintegrate spam, or I'll burn it on minions, then get ganked a moment later by the other team. Is there a way I should be going here? Is it better to disintegrate spam for last hits even if I use my pyro stacks, or save in case the other team comes running?

Also, I've been trying for a Doran's Ring -> Boots of Speed -> Rod of Ages -> Void Staff item order, is that the ideal to go with, or is there something else I should be going with?

Sloejean

03-04-2011

Early game, don't worry too much about saving up Pyro. Just blow it on minions or use it to harrass. Bring summoner spell Ghost to save your skin instead. Annie's a pretty easy last hitter due to her long autoattack range so also get in the habit of last hitting as well. Harrassing the enemy with Pyro (Pyro'd Disintegrate + maybe Incinerate + Autoattacks) is a good idea because...

...you'll see your bear Tibbers once you reach Level 6. At this point, if you have done a good job of harrassing, save up your Pyro and then drop Tibbers on your enemy's face. Then Disintegrate + Incinerate should mean insta-death. This is when saving up for Pyro starts to be a good tactic.

Your item build looks good but you don't need to build Void Staff that early unless you see enemies building Magic Resist items like Banshee's or Force of Nature. You should either go for Rylai's or Rabadon's. I like Rylai's because it gives a nice amount of survivability while providing a decent AP amount.

IS19e9be74c30a832fc3905

03-04-2011

Yeah, I know about the tibbers stun combo, my main problem has been avoiding ganks. I'll try out ghost, I've been going with exhaust and heal so far, looking for slightly increased survivability to lane longer. I'll see how it goes, thanks.

Sloejean

03-04-2011

Hmm, if you are concerned about ganks, buy one or two wards (depending on if you are in a duo lane or solo lane) on one of your trips back to base. When you come back, place ward(s) in a bush on the sides of your lane. This will let you see if somebody's waiting in a bush to gank you.

Also, you should constantly look at the minimap and see who's missing. You and your teammates have the responsibility to report when someone goes missing. Often this is done in the form of "___ mia" or "____ ss" or "____ miss" or some just say "care ____". The blanks are usually filled with champion names or lane names. This is a key element in preventing ganks because if you know somebody's not where they should be, then you can safely assume you are in danger.

Oh and Heal is often considered a bad spell because it is specifically only useful if you are taking a beating away from your tower or someone's towerdiving you. Both of these can be prevented easily so most people steer clear of Heal. Exhaust and Ghost are great spells and they synergize well.

HoroBoro

03-04-2011

New but this is my experience - ghost is nice for chasing, but I find flash better for escaping ganks. Usually, when I get ganked, I get slowed to hell and back and when I pop ghost, the bonus ms doesn't matter D:

Flash helps you get out of that crazy aoe and can help you jump a wall as well

Aydin225

03-04-2011

don't forget that if you have the mana regen, you can use your shield to increase pyro stacks. it has a long cooldown, but that extra stack can be the difference between having your stun when you need it and not. If I don't have my passive ready, I like to always cast shield whenever I return to base, that way the mana is immediately refunded, and you have an extra stack to take back to the fight

Kyoko Sakura

03-04-2011

Flash is better for setting up kills and escaping.
Ignite is used next for securing kills.

For items, start- Sapp Crystal/Doran Shield/Doran Ring, get Catalyst for the healing bonus, and saving it up for Banshee's Veil. Do not get RoA unless you really want it. I feel like its a lackluster item, thats just me.
After Catalyst get Boots and a Tear.
Then get Rabadon's, Sorc's Shoes and ArchAngel's Staff.
Make your Banshee's Veil Now!
I don't know what to get here- depends on user preference

About quick charges, W and E don't need units to target so you can use them to get "free" charges.
Burst combos- EQ(after Q you have a stun up)- Flash-Tibbers- W-Ignite- Q.
This combo does more damage but is harder to pull off.

The generic one is E(or whatever for the stun) Flash, Tibbers-W-ignite-Q.

Guolin

03-04-2011

Ignite and Flash are both very strong for Annie as soon as you can get them. I personally like Neigan's build, which goes Boots of Speed -> Haunting Guise -> Ionian Boots/Merc Treads/Sorc's -> Catalyst -> RoA OR Banshee's (the latter if opponent is caster based) -> Rabandon + Zhongya's -> Swap Guise for Void Staff if you need more Magic Pen.

Of course, this isn't the only build, and some may think it sucks. However, I find it very effective.

If you don't know already, Annie is the queen of the early - mid game. She CANNOT hard carry her team to the end game, so you have to do the best you can before the end game and try to feed your carries. Try to get Solo Mid, even if it means having your carry do Solo Top. Annie requires the exp advantage to nuke - otherwise, all she has is her stun. Harass while last hitting with your Q. Don't be afraid to waste your stun, as without Tibbers your stun won't help you much. Once you hit level 6, you can start saving up that stun, even if it means spamming W before a teamfight. You should definitely invest in wards, especially after first blood/a kill, and gank! Annie snowballs very well (especially with Mejai if you know that you can get a lot of kills). Feed your carries, and try to push as much as possible after a gank/teamfight in your favor. Buy wards as much as possible if you get a lot of kills.

In the late game, your main asset is your stun, somewhat nuking potential (or huge nuking potentiail if you're REALLY fed ), and warding out of the gold you should hopefully be getting from kills.

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guolin View Post
If you don't know already, Annie is the queen of the early - mid game. She CANNOT hard carry her team to the end game, so you have to do the best you can before the end game and try to feed your carries.
I agree with this statement.. when I play Annie we can usually take a commanding lead on turrets and kills.. but if the opposing team doesn't get discouraged and surrender and late game comes(35-45 min range) you'll find yourself only able to drop a tibbers aoe stun, get off a Q and W and if you're lucky.. you might be just alive enough to run away.

Perry the Carry

Recruiter