How good is Tristana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craegan

03-04-2011

I was wondering how good she was - because i chose her once and everyone was telling me off, and stuff because i chose her- saying how bad she was,etc - So my question is, How good is Tristana? ._. cheers in advance

Aydin225

03-04-2011

Tristana is among the best ranged AD carries in the game. She has fantastic range which makes her solo laning capabilities fantastic. Her leap doubles as a chasing tool and an escape. you can even work it with her ult to leap past an enemy and ult him back into your team. Plus, with the facebook thing you get her free! heck yea!

Craegan

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydin225 View Post
Tristana is among the best ranged AD carries in the game. She has fantastic range which makes her solo laning capabilities fantastic. Her leap doubles as a chasing tool and an escape. you can even work it with her ult to leap past an enemy and ult him back into your team. Plus, with the facebook thing you get her free! heck yea!
ohh k, sounds good - i was under the impression that she wasnt good going by what my team was telling me.

Aydin225

03-04-2011

the skill of the player is always more important than the champion. I've seen twisted fates that get quadrakills, and I've seen twisted fates who barely put out any damage and get wrecked by the enemy team in a hurry.

Alot of people will tell you mordekaiser is terrible, but when played right and built correctly he is one of the most terrifying champions to see.

Basically, ignore ragers, and play the champions you enjoy and are good at. No one will be mad at you playing tristana when you're carrying your team to victory

Sloejean

03-04-2011

Trist has two things that make her less viable than other ranged carries:

1) Weak early-mid game: She can pump it out nicely once she gets all the goodies. Until then, her damage is pretty bad aside from an all-right burst from her ultimate. Let's look at Corki, considered one of the best carries. He can do some mean damage once he gets his ultimate, and dominate games way earlier than Trist can.

2) No utility for the team: Ashe has slow, stun and map reveal. Miss Fortune has a devastating AoE ultimate. Sivir has a teamwide AS/MS buff and can push like a baws. Tristana? A slow and a knockback both being part of her escape skills.

For these reasons, she gets overlooked by many people. This game snowballs hard, and Trist can't snowball as easily as other carries and often becomes a victim of snowballs.

Now is she horrible? No. She's theoretically the best scaling champion in the game because when fully farmed, she can dish out damage FAST (Rapid Fire) and from a LONG distance (Draw a Bead). She can also escape any sticky situations with Rocket Jump and Buster Shot. So, if you can survive and farm up long enough to get 2 or 3 major items, then Tristana starts to be the godly carry she can be.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

Id recommend learning Ashe instead. Similar role, but a lot more advantages.

Everyone and his dog plays Ashe, but Trist is rarely played. There is a reason for this.

I used to see her all the time when I was below 30. But now, it is extremely rare.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

I find the higher I get, the less I see Trist too. I used to play her and dominate with her, now I have a lot of trouble because people realized that if you harass her early, there is little she can do. Her early game is so weak that you will just get zoned out of lanes making it difficult to get farm and in the long term difficult to hit her potential.

Now if she does get her farm and items, shes pretty amazing and her passive makes her even more dangerous. But that limited range early also adds to her inability to really do anything early which she needs to do.

I know there are people who still play her and play her effectively and if enjoy her and want to put in the time in order to do that, more power to you.

Chaos Lord29

03-04-2011

Don't want to repeat a broken record, but yeah I'd say Trist is fine champion for starting with. She has a well defined role and with the right item build she's basically a walking turret! Unfortunately, that's also her biggest weakness, her role is so well defined that she's not terribly flexible except in the items that she builds.

Kyoko Sakura

03-04-2011

Tristana is one of the carries you want to learn early in the game, along with Ashe.

She has the highest autoattack range in the game, not including steroids(Twitch ult, Koggy).
One of the best steroids, if not the best with Q.
Safe with W, can farm/shut down heals with her E.
And her R transitions from a nuke that rivals Annie, Veigar, etc to a lifesaver/escape mechanism.
She can almost always get a free kill @ 6 if running ignite but takes an infinity edge to really get going on her

joshiez

03-04-2011

She's pretty underrated IMO... She can eat Mundo/Trynd alive with ignite and/or her E, her range is nastynasty, and once you get an IE, it's usually GG.

The main 'problems' with Tristana are that she is super squishy early game because she has veryvery short range, and she's very item dependent. As long as you can get mid/solo top and can last hit decently while being cautious, you'll be fine. If you completely ignore your lane opponent until six, you can usually surprise them with a sudden burst of aggression to get a kill. Last hit last hit last hit, ignore ignore, JUMP E R IGNITE Q deeeeaaadddd... It's neat.