Nidalee VS. Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TokinPrez

02-04-2010

I am trying to branch out, learn some other champs now that I feel very good and have a 3-1 KvD with Annie, and so far I am enjoying both Nidalee and Pantheon.

I am sure with time Ill learn both but I find focusing on champ a whole lot can help you master them and up your game by large amounts.

So my question is...which one is more viable?

I play in multiple premades and I still solo Q from time to time, so can not give much info there.

I enjoy both a lot, I find Nidalee harder in some ways but her potential seems really great with a good team, Pantheon is new and and a ton of fun and I find he can perform a bit easier with a weaker team.

Anyways all opinions welcome!

h0tkarl

02-12-2010

get both. I did

Maggeus

02-12-2010

Nidalee ! She's got so much potential in teamfight that Pantheon doesn't have, like a great (if not the BEST ... For now... ) healing of the game, great versatility and interest in teamfight (Javelin Toss in the beginning, and during an attack transform cougar with Primal Surge and start your combos).

Pantheon isn't bad, at least he's original with his ultimate, but IMO Nidalee is much more fun.

PatMcGroyne

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggeus View Post
Nidalee ! She's got so much potential in teamfight that Pantheon doesn't have, like a great (if not the BEST ... For now... ) healing of the game, great versatility and interest in teamfight (Javelin Toss in the beginning, and during an attack transform cougar with Primal Surge and start your combos).

Pantheon isn't bad, at least he's original with his ultimate, but IMO Nidalee is much more fun.
I agree the only problem with nidalee is she has no CC which pantheon has his stn and his ult slows. But Nidalee's DPS in cougar form is epic... you can crit takedowns with an infinity edge for 1700. Thats after you just pounced on them and clawed their face for over 1000 already plus if you have sheen goodnight anyone under 3k HP won't be able to do much. Even if they are over 3k HP your auto attacks of hitting pretty high.

I normally go
Sword>last whisper
Boots>whatever you need more atk speed or merc threads for anti CC because stuns and blinds will wreck you.
Sheen> trinity force if you want but it isn't necessary all you really need is the sheen but phage's slow and HP is really nice if the other team likes to stay in their lane a bit too long. That means you eat face and get big.
BF> bloodthirster
BF> infinity edge
Giants Belt> Warmogs

Now you might say but you'll never get that much money!?!?! but I have been on some awful teams I went 25/9/3 and still lost can you guess how many kills the rest of my team had in total? It was 3... yes three the number of assists i had so if I wasn't there no one died. It made me sad

Fbsunny

02-12-2010

Heartseeker destroys in team fights, idk what you are talking about. I build straight damage tho, so he lacks some survivability.

Swag Daddy Nik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

Nidalee is a bit of a dps/support hybrid. She excels mid-mid late game, but falls behind in dps if the game drags on. Late game she can provide a decent heal, harassment and can go cougar to deal some serious damage. She can push a lane like nobody else and if you play right you literally never have to leave your lane. She also has great escape potential just by going into cougar and leaping away.

I haven't played Pantheon but from what i can see he's a very solid champion with a nice stun, a cone attack and some pretty bull**** passives IMO, a shield that absorbs auto attacks every 4 hits/abilities you do and don't forget the guaranteed crits on enemies 15% or lower health.

Nidalee really doesn't need much to be good early-mid game, but Pantheon looks like he is a bit item dependent. Both are a good choice and Grand Skyfall is the most bad-ass name for an ultimate attack, ever.

Jothki

02-12-2010

In my experience, Pantheon is very item dependent. It's tempting to try to spend most of your time ganking with him once you get his ult, but he desperately needs as many B.F. Swords as you can give him.

AFKray

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcGroyne View Post
I agree the only problem with nidalee is she has no CC which pantheon has his stn and his ult slows. But Nidalee's DPS in cougar form is epic... you can crit takedowns with an infinity edge for 1700. Thats after you just pounced on them and clawed their face for over 1000 already plus if you have sheen goodnight anyone under 3k HP won't be able to do much. Even if they are over 3k HP your auto attacks of hitting pretty high.

I normally go
Sword>last whisper
Boots>whatever you need more atk speed or merc threads for anti CC because stuns and blinds will wreck you.
Sheen> trinity force if you want but it isn't necessary all you really need is the sheen but phage's slow and HP is really nice if the other team likes to stay in their lane a bit too long. That means you eat face and get big.
BF> bloodthirster
BF> infinity edge
Giants Belt> Warmogs

Now you might say but you'll never get that much money!?!?! but I have been on some awful teams I went 25/9/3 and still lost can you guess how many kills the rest of my team had in total? It was 3... yes three the number of assists i had so if I wasn't there no one died. It made me sad

This is filled with so much incorrect information I had to chime in to correct the info to help your choice. First off Takedown can crit really high with a lot of items, but that is merely a COSMETIC feature. These huge criticals happen when the opponent only has like 250 life so it was merely implemented as a huge overkill feature. Second, Pounce and Swipe deal magical damage not affected by physical stats. This person's build would NEVER under ANY circumstances have his swipes deal 1000 damage, more like barely over 300 with a baron buff. See, swipe and pounce are affected by AP in which this build he proposed he has none. So, that's the skinny. There are some nice guides out there for both styles of Nidalee for your reference.

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
This is filled with so much incorrect information I had to chime in to correct the info to help your choice. First off Takedown can crit really high with a lot of items, but that is merely a COSMETIC feature. These huge criticals happen when the opponent only has like 250 life so it was merely implemented as a huge overkill feature. Second, Pounce and Swipe deal magical damage not affected by physical stats. This person's build would NEVER under ANY circumstances have his swipes deal 1000 damage, more like barely over 300 with a baron buff. See, swipe and pounce are affected by AP in which this build he proposed he has none. So, that's the skinny. There are some nice guides out there for both styles of Nidalee for your reference.

Nidalee is fun, but requires more skill than Panth imo.

Panth IS more item reliant.

Panth needs Bloodthirster, berserker greaves, and a BF sword to do good damage.

Nidalee on the other hand requires only Sheen, Boots of Mobility, and Bloodthirster.

Nidalee doesn't have nearly as bad mana issues as Panth.

Nidalees Bushwack and Javelin toss are skills that need to be mastered. Thankfully it isn't too hard, but in higher tiers I can see it being hard to land. She has much better speed due to her passive and her cougar/ pounce increases it even more. A Master Yi couldn't get me with his ability lol!!!

Panth has a stun and his passive is great for tower dives. His ulti is awesome but uses alot of mana and can turn the tide easily. He doesn't have as much range, but he does do alot more damage than nidalee imo. Although, he is squishier and doesn't survive as long cause he doesn't have her speed or heal.

Both great chars. I would get both if I were you.

KhaoticImp

02-12-2010

Now that Cho took a kick to the balls Nidalee and Pantheon are the only two I play.(Or try to play) Personally I think the play style of both of them are different enough to warrant getting both. However no matter who I play I always feel naked with the ability to set traps in the brush, like im vulnerable to a gank any moment with pantheon. I also LOVE nidalee's passive, I find myself running through brush with pantheon and crying a little when I dont pick up speed. Nidalee also has some outrageous escape options. Flash+Pounce saves lives...LIVES.