Should I buy Cassiopea?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tewifying

Master Recruiter

03-04-2011

Should I buy her? OR is she as worthless as everyone says in normal/ranked games and buy Renekton instead?

Aydin225

03-04-2011

she's currently pretty broken. All her spells rely so heavily on placement, that it requires you to be in the thick of the fight, but she is too squishy with poor escapability to be in the thick of things

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

you are likely going to get nothing but negativity about the snake from the community....buy her, master her, carve a niche for yourself, await buffs, dominate....

xpsychedelico

03-04-2011

I disagree. Her ult is buggy, yes, but it's not her main damage dealer in a fight. She requires good positioning, and deals a lot of damage if played right. She's definitely on the more difficult side to play.

Regardless, you should try her out first before deciding if you want to purchase her or any other champion. Free champs change every week, so you'll eventually get to them.

Sloejean

03-04-2011

I agree with psych. The only buggy part of her is her ultimate, which I don't even know why they haven't fixed it yet. I mean, it's REALLY buggy. You can cast it right in front of the enemies and it may not even hit them.

She's an interesting champion in that she's a DPS caster not the heavy burst type that is so prevalent in the game. Unfortunately, DPS casters don't really work because teamfights last too short for them to get their works in properly. Her damage output is theoretically very good though.

Where Cass shines is early game. Her passive lets her combo some mean harrass without going OOM so fast, and her spells hurt squshies. She starts to be a bit useless midgame but then comes back strong late game if allowed to farm up.

Having said that, I would not recommend her to new players due to how her skillset works. You really need to nail down the concept of proper positioning and skillshot aiming to do well with her. Those two things take a lot of time and practice to get. Other casters would not only be easier to pick up, but also let you enjoy the game without feeling like giving up.

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2011

I feel like Cassiopia is just about the most common champion I've seen in the last week; it is odd.

The usual recommendations apply: don't spend your IP/RP until you've played her during the free week and know that you like her.

Tewifying

Master Recruiter

03-04-2011

Thanks everyone for your inputs, I've actually tried both Renekton and Cassiopea during their free weeks. I liked them both even though I lost all the games I played with them (which is around 3 games with Cass and Ren). It seems like Cass will be a challenge to master, but what are your opinions about Renekton?

Stillhart

03-04-2011

Tanky DPS is king these days so Ren isn't a bad choice...

Kyoko Sakura

03-04-2011

Do you enjoy sustained nuking via E + poisons and domination with Q in lane and having a unreliable buggy ult?

Tewifying

Master Recruiter

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssault View Post
Do you enjoy sustained nuking via E + poisons and domination with Q in lane and having a unreliable buggy ult?
I do like the sound of that and if only Riot would fix her ultimate, that would be the icing on the cake.