What to spend it on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laughin Out Loud

03-03-2011

Hey everyone i am currently new to LoL and wondering what Champ should i get ( i currently have 1420ip and i am lvl 2 ) I'm not into support champs so yeah :3
But out of the 1420 price range what should i get?

Burbinator

03-03-2011

First of all, try out champions on free week before you buy them. Trust me, ip is hard to come by.

Secondly, there's nothing we can really suggest because you are giving us nothing to go on. Pretty much all champions are viable. Some are harder to use and i wouldnt suggest for a new player, but that still leaves a gigantic pool of possible champions. What kind of playstyle are you looking for?

Laughin Out Loud

03-03-2011

well since i've been playing so far i've been more fond of just killing players than going and farming off minions / destroying towers. o.O I like chars with speed or magic chars with decent range and decent looking magic.

PopQuizHotShot

03-04-2011

Well ya see the more minions and towers you kill the better you will be at killing enemy champs.

You really do not want to buy a champ without playing them first. For free this week is Annie who is mid ranged and a high burst of magic and Xin Zhao who is really good at killing enemy champs, especially at low levels.

It sounds like you might like to play assassins and mages. If you log into your client and go to your summoner profile page and go to the champions tab and check the mage or assassin check box it will list all of those champs so you can try them when they are free.

Again, don't buy anything unless you have tried it or are swimming in IP (I bought all of the 450 IP champs one day just because)

Laughin Out Loud

03-04-2011

Well i've been watching vids of classes and well the ones i like are
Amumu , Fiddle sticks, The poison guy for 1350 ip forgot his name and Nunu
which do you guys think is the best out of all in every aspect? :P

Laughin Out Loud

03-04-2011

I bought fiddlesticks.. wish me luck with him

Woops i meant i bought amumu

Aydin225

03-04-2011

Amumu is a great champion, you should enjoy him alot. A few quick tips for playing him: remember that amumu is a tank. Build him with beefy items like catalyst at the beginning into banshee's veil. Sunfire cape, guardian's angel, randuin's omen--all great tank items.

As a tank your job is to jump in to the fight first and try to protect your team from as much damage as possible. this means using your ult when it will effect the most enemies, and prevent them from throwing tons of damage at your squishy characters. Practicing your bandage toss. There's a thread on this forum somewhere that was a great guide to skillshots.

Sloejean

03-04-2011

Excellent decision, comrade Playing a tank is a selfless, and sadly thankless, job, but you will learn to be a teamplayer and overall better player. It's a tough thing to pick up but once you get the hang of it, you are good to go.

I gotta warn you though - Amumu is horrible in lane. I've seen some Amumus dominate me in the past but that's because my laning partner and I simply picked the wrong champions to face one. Once you start facing competent laners, it will be the beginning of a nightmare as they'll zone you out endlessly and cockblocking you in every step of the way.

Laughin Out Loud

03-04-2011

Ouch :P
Well singed looked okay but he looks more of the run and spam psn type
I was thinking about fiddle sticks, i currently have 2.3k ip now. think i should get him? XD

I am doing okay with Amumu tho, best game with him was 9/2/21 tho XD I saw a maokai and he did 21/0/11 and i was like woah O.O
but i dont like maokai skills XD

So yeah think i should try Fiddlesticks as well?

Bu Gao Xing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

03-04-2011

All in all, with the new IP system to give you a huge boost until level 10 to buy new champs..
you should save all that because they change the free champions every week.. you can keep trying
out the free ones and find the ones you like to buy rather than taking a blind stab, because after level 10 when your IP drops to normal you're going to come across a free to play that you really want but won't have the IP.