Stomp the Yard - A Cho'Gath guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fade123

03-18-2011

please change the font color to something darker it is hard to read

R4iK463

03-25-2011

You're new here aren't you?

HMS BUTTPEE

03-25-2011

I have fixed

oh boy fix

FaerellG

03-26-2011

GJ on the guide. It's good to see guides that cover multiple build options.

HMS BUTTPEE

03-29-2011

I am thinking of revising the 2v1 section due to the carnivore nerfs. I need to do more testing, but rupture farming may not work as well nowadays. It still seems to work, but still, more testing.

crazysquirell

03-29-2011

if you can play agressive i know it sounds dumb but i usually build my cho this-a-way
e->q->w>q>w>r unless caster hvy which then w takes precedence over q
items look like: regrowth -> big belt -> warmogs -> boots of speed -> now scepter or angel wings (if casters then force of nature) -> sunfire -> never get this far but itd prob b bashess veil and then more ap to give bite, he is a wall of amazing damage absorption
summoner spells i use are ghost to run and bite and exhaust to slow and bite also both good for team situations

caution teemo with bloodrazor and as will rock your gypsy soul other then that you need a competent team cuz you can nearly 5v1 and survive for about half of summoners rift ahahhahahahaha
be the m'fing chogath at all times

HMS BUTTPEE

03-29-2011

Quote:
items look like: regrowth -> big belt -> warmogs -> boots of speed -> now scepter or angel wings (if casters then force of nature) -> sunfire -> never get this far
The next person who recommends Warmog's on Cho gets eaten.

HMS BUTTPEE

04-01-2011

Updated the Vorpal Spikes and Feast numbers. I feel like the nerfs haven't impacted my gameplay at all really.

HMS BUTTPEE

04-19-2011

This just in:

"This guide is the biggest betrayal of virginity I have ever seen"

Also bump.

Argotor

02-14-2012

I play Chogath a lot and the cool down boots are not that necessary though early on since your mana will go down very quickly. I like to get doran's shield first actually since the health regen and armor, combined with his passive allows you to survive longer in lane. If the enemy is AD heavy, like xin zaoh, tryndamere, master yi, ETC, I get ninjatabi as soon as i get doran's shield but I do get the mercury trends if the enemy has a lot of CC. After that, I burn straight for frozen heart, since it gives lots of mana and cool down, two very essential things for chogath. Plus it slows the attack speed of nearby enemies by 20% and gives huge armor crippling characters like master yi better then thornmail does, mainly because a smart one will not focus you. Mainly go for aura item's if the enemy doesnt bother to attack you like abyssal scepter which fills the Mr hole and gives AP plus reduces the MR of nearby enemies by 20 allowing you to devastate the enemy team without damaging them. The extra AP is very good for farming also.