Help with Kennen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xymistic

03-03-2011

Hey guys .
Well I was looking for tips with using Kennen. I watched the champion spotlight but Im still in need of some help.
Thanks guys .

Burbinator

03-03-2011

Max shuriken first. You want 1 point in w and e by level 4, but which one you decide to max second to shuriken is up to you honestly. I find maxing W gives you more damage, but E is better for more mobility (lower cd/energy cost on this lets you use it more often) so it really depends on who you're playing against. A lot oftimes i'll just alternate between them tho.

Items: i like going dorans shield -> rylais -> zhonyas hourglass. Why rylais? It provides good HP/AP for early game dominance (that's a lot of hp early on) and lets you kite like a ****ing boss with shuriken. One weakness of kenny is that you can't stun instantly, but with slow from rylais you can easily keep them in range without burning energy on lightning rush.

Zhonyas hourglass is simply core on kennen. You don't do as much damage as a rabaddons rush, yeah, but zhonyas allows u to flash into the middle of the entire team, pop your ult, and survive the carnage afterwards. Less damage per target, but it allows you to hit more people at once for more total damage, along with the fact that stunning their entire team is probably going to help your teamamtes win the fight easily. If im not against any melee champs and dont need rylais too bad, i might just rush this first.

Playstyle: harass with surikens if u can. Good players will hide behind minions, so in that case harass them with w passive + active. Once they have some charges on them, you can lightning rush past minions and force them to retreat from minions. Now you have free shots with shuriken, depending on how good you aim and how well they juke. I always rune ignite/flash on kennen. Flash is key for getting good ultimates off (its range is pretty small really) plus its simply one of the best utiltiy spells, since kennen already has fast ms from lightning rush. Ignite is nice for getting early game kills. I really like being able to get several kills with ignite early on, its always helpful, but its more optional than flash is.

I run 9/0/21 masteries, pretty standard for casters (just get every utility mastery that has nothing to do with mana lol).

If you can dominate with kennen early game go ahead and get mejais, though if you're just leraning him that's probably not a good idea.

After zhonyas i always keep myself blue elixired (mostly for cdr tho AP helps too) because that's all the core items you need, honestly. However late game luxury items include: rabaddons, abyssal scepter, void staff. If you're doing your job, games are usually over before you get any of these, but i prefer going rabaddons -> void staff. I get more straight up damage from just getting rabaddons over abyssal, and after this point void staff % Mpen is probably much more valuable than abyssal's flat reduction. Of course, abyssal is really good if you have a lot of AP on your team and you need MR. Situational.

Pandhousen

03-03-2011

what Burbinator said is very good.
I personally dont like to max shuriken first because most of the time you are fighting with minions all around you, so its hard to land a Q on someone during a 5v5 fight with minions present.
I usually concentrate on E because it reduces its cooldown, so you have more chasing/escaping.

As for masteries, I suggest you get 16 in attack, so you can get the 15% on Magic Penetration. then is up to you, I go defensive.
I like to play with Heal, because people tend to underestimate Kennen, and having your heal allows you to bait them into a fight they wont be able to win. And its really good at adding survivability when you Ult in the middle of their team.

Always be very conscious of the number of marks the enemy has on them. try not to stun fiddle/kata/nunu/etc untill they ult. So, keep 2 marks on them and when you see them ult stun them.

Play safe, Kennen is very squeashy. Stay back shurikening as much as you can untill the fight really starts. then just E, touch all the enemies you can, W and Ult. Now their whole team is stunned. Use zhonyas and then GTFO cause youŽll probably be at very low health.
Dont mid or solo lane until you feel you are up to it.
For runes i get CDR on blue, MP on red
and AP at lvl 18 on yellow ( I think, dont remember)

Try to avoid getting greedy, most of the times it will get you killed. Its very easy to get carried away by kennens speed and power, but heŽs squeashy and youŽll die.

oh another thing, throw a Q (shuriken) at bushes to check them, it will make some noise and the shuriken turns grey if it hits someone.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

This Kennen Guide is a solid resource. Also has a good youtube video that should help you out.

The above posters also provide very solid information and tips.

Burbinator

03-03-2011

Quote:
I suggest you get 16 in attack, so you can get the 15% on Magic Penetration
You ony need 9 to get arcane mastery, dude.

Personally i run 21 in utility for much lower cd on flash, lower cd on ignite, and the xp boost is useful too (If you hit level 6 a minion wave before your opponet, well, that gives you the perfect time to kill them). Defense is not bad though, it lets you be much more aggressive in laning phase (minion aggro means less) and might be necessary if your team lacks tanks, for some reason.