Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[HELP]what runes to get for AP/caster champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sycsadist

02-04-2010

im an all around player, thank you very much.. but i need advice on what runes to get for AP/caster types(they're my favorite to play).. i own w/o runes, but many get dazzed and say like, "what?? no runes?? get some, its a big advantage, etc etc etc"..

my main(used to be since the animation change) veigar..

now i play nunu, fiddlesticks, shaco, sion.. i can play ashe and sivir too.. and am good with rammus.. *sigh* i miss the old veigars dark matter and stopped playing him since the new patch T_T

point of the topic.. full rune page for an AP/caster type player, AP shaco, AP nunu, fidd, expecting Karthus anytime soon too..

thanks for the smart and constructive adivices..

p.s. as mentioned, i own even w/o runes, but to hasten the games.. thanks guys..

Klazzix

02-04-2010

Full Magic Penetration and Cooldown Reduction for Seals (since there's no Magic Penetration option there).

AP scales differently with different heroes so I suggest not to get those. Besides skills have a set amount of damage and magic penetration boosts those automatically without the need for AP.

Note: Since you said you own, I'm assuming you're an offensive type of player therefore I suggested getting more offense, so you completely own every time.

Voidgolem

02-04-2010

MPen marks, Flat CDR glyph, probably mana regen for seals

Grafic

Recruiter

02-04-2010

magic pen. health and cool down reduction

all flat

sycsadist

02-04-2010

any thoughts on HP runes for more survivability? even on AP for early game ownage?

D2Freak

02-05-2010

i have 3 quintesses of health (97 health)
13 MPen
almost 7% dodge (out of ip )

Health is fine for survivability. Mpen helps a bit from the start.
Dodge is because i dont have money for other runes. But then again. they syn well with my masteries.