Are magic pen quints worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuscleMemory

02-04-2010

So if you get all the possible MPen items and an Abyssal how far into the negative will it bring a champion that has 100 MR?

(i'm super bad at math and currently away from LoL to test it out)

Eberzelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post

Magic Penetration (as granted by runes, Guise, and Sorc boots) is applied AFTER % Penetration. In addition, it can never bring MR to the negative.
That's what I was trying to say =/

For the rest, I read about and you're right. Dunno why I talked about Rylai's btw lol XD

EasymodeX

02-05-2010

Quote:
So if you get all the possible MPen items and an Abyssal how far into the negative will it bring a champion that has 100 MR?
None. The Abyssal is calculated first. And only the Abyssal can drop the target's resist into the negative.

The Abyssal Scepter debuffs the targets resist.

Then, MPen allows you to penetrate any remaining resist. If they have no remaining resist, then MPen does nothing.

Eberzelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2010

In other words, getting MP or Mresist is different in nothing =/. Even with Fiddle's passive, the total gets to 36 Mrez, and anybody have that as a minimum.