Warwick have to jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cake panda

03-03-2011

I'm really interested in playing Warwick. He reminds me a lot of the bloodrazor character I used to play in DOTA. But do I have to jungle with him to make the most of his playstyle, abilities?

Every game I have always seen him played early jungle, with smite. Jungling has never appealed to me for some reason, so I want to know if laning is ok. Will level 30 and ranked people on my team just yell at me and call me a noob for doing so?

thanks

Burbinator

03-03-2011

Quote:
Will level 30 and ranked people on my team just yell at me and call me a noob for doing so?
Yes.

He's actually decently strong in a solo lane (solo only, because he requires on levelling q quickly). however, you want to give solo lanes to carries who need farm/xp a lot more badly than warwick. You'll do alright in lane but you're gimping your team overall by taking away solo from AD/AP carry.

Aydin225

03-03-2011

Yea, unfortunately Warwick is pretty much only a jungler, and you will be expected to jungle when using him, and you will encounter some pretty hardcore rage otherwise

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

He's best at jungling and if you want to lane he falls behind because there are other champions that do what he does better. He's only picked for jungling in ranked.

Chaos Lord29

03-03-2011

No, you do not have to play Warwick and jungle with him. But, it is a serious waste of his potential, and if you are planning on laning, there are better champions you can pick.

Raphiezar

03-03-2011

I'm going to interject here with a question. I've been playing Warwick and I've tried Jungling with him, but I'm never good at it and have to wait 'till I'm a higher level to do so effectively. What is the proper way to Jungle with Warwick, or at least a very good way to do so at the beginning of the game?

Burbinator

03-03-2011

Without runes: cloth armor + 5x pots. Start at small golems, go wraiths -> blue buff -> wolves -> golems -> wraiths. I like this route because you'll always have smite up for the buffs and you waste very little time. Bluepill, buy boots, take red (or wolves if you want, they will have respawned by now) and then try to gank (at least force enemy out of lane and make them waste summonres. Hard for ww to get a kill pre 6 but putting pressure on lanes is good). At 6 this is when you want to start roaming a lot more. Always be in position to gank when your ultimate is up.

Onc eyou get runes, starting with longsword + 1 health pot is faster, but not sure if its really feasible w/o armor runes and some kind of beneficial reds (arpen/AS/AD).

For skilling, get your AS boost first. Consume isn't as good unless you have blue buff, which is hard for you to solo at level 1 without teammate help or runes. I mean, you can do it, but there's no real reason it doesnt speed up his jungle that much. I see a lot of level 30s start at small golems, in fact. Anyway, after this start maxing consume (it's better vs champions), and i would put a point in your movespeed bonus at level 4 (this is about the time you have redbuff and want to try ganking possibly).

Itemwise, go madreds razor then bloodrazor. For tier 2 boots, sorc boots is actually pretty nice (a lot more damage with madreds + consume, and now dragon/baron have MR so helps killing htme faster too) otherwise you can't go wron gwith merc treads really. After this, spirit visage (more healing from passive/consume). Then get BV if there is heavy AP on the other team, else GA. This is because you'll probably get focused pretty hard after you initiate with ult, GA lets you revive afterwards and still contribute. Plus, thanks to consume/passive, you benefit a lot more from flat mitigation than mix of mitigation/health, and that's all GA is.

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

03-03-2011

You don't HAVE to jungle with any character, but he's naturally good at it and at higher summoner levels, your teammates will expect you to jungle when you pick Warwick--although I'm sure you'd cause your opponents to be confused at the same time if you didn't jungle.

RiotWarty

03-04-2011

As previously stated, Warwick is an extremely strong jungler, and with the many ways in which he can regen health, he's a very safe jungler [meaning that you can screw up and still do fine]... If you'd like to lane, there are better champions to pick.