Tank for solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I know playing a tank in solo queue is almost suicide, because I have been doing it for a while, but I can't really help but wanting to fill out the team and often this means the above. I often solo queue with Malphite or Singed, but really only have success with Singed since Malphite often blows all his cooldowns, takes the majority of the damage and then dies only to amount massive assists (in a perfect world, but not in pugs.)

Do you guys have preferences/recommendations for tanks that can ALMOST carry or push their own way to victory, and survive the solo queue grind?? I have considered Cho'Gath but don't like how good players can easily juke everything he does in early lane phases, like I am easily able to do.

Thanks.

Elhehir

02-04-2010

Alistar is a good choice.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I find Alistar to be the worst of the bunch even though he is the best tank in premades. Seems like people never dive when you ult or don't finish anyone off after pulv/headbutt combo.

PhoenixBomb

02-04-2010

Malphite is a solid choice. I find him to be one of the easier tanks to get kills that don't rely on your lanemate having a brain.

That said, Alistar is probably a better choice for solo if you're in any way shaky with playing a tank. His ult lets him initiating be much much much more forgiving than most tanks (such as Malphite, Singed, Rammus) where teams have to respond immediately.

Norgos

02-04-2010

I personally think Taric is a nice tank to solo with..
He can heal himself
He has a stun
And he has a good armour boost for early game

Klazzix

02-04-2010

Alistar & Malphite are the best choices, that's coming from a solo queuer.

Ellandar

02-04-2010

I've had a lot of success with Rammus, using a magic pen page and armor/hp item build .... he can play "tower? what tower" mid/late game and ulti/curl/taunt can net you a decent number of kills/assists ... overall one of the most underrated tanks imo

EchoRex

02-04-2010

Taric or Alistar, Tank Sion can work well if you're good with him.

Voidgolem

02-04-2010

Malphite, if nothing else you can give the enemy carries a nasty surprise.

Gigg

02-04-2010

Taric is a tank? Oh really!