Not all Champions are the same

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceSPDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

I just wanted to make this thread because I've seen new players saying things like "I've played this guy who is a tank, so how different can it be?".... A LOT DIFFERENT many people WILL call you a noob/loser if you think that. I'm here to let you know that EVERY character plays differently no two characters play in the same way (now i know someone out there is going to find an exception) so be sure to read tips for the characters you want to play and try to find the one that fits you're playing style. I Recommend every time you try a new character, try it on bots first because it will be a lot easier than PvP.

Not to sound rude because your team WILL be pissed at you if you cost them a win because you cant play a character. So if anyone has anything to add or any questions feel free to add a comment and i will try to get back to you.

Not to sound rude in any way just trying to help you all get better at the game
And if you want to play a game with me for some advice on certain characters feel free to add me and ill try to get some games with you

Good Luck, And Happy Gaming
XSV Brutal1ty

zantion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-03-2011

You could also recommend going on the forums and asking questions about the champs or possibly looking on youtube/google and finding guides for a certain champion. There are many more options than trying them out in a bot game, although that is a good idea. This thread doesn't seem very helpful... just kinda rage...y.

NiceSPDR

03-04-2011

Its because ive seen alot of new players being harassed by people who have been playing this game for a long time and ive jus gotten a little sick of it. its seems telling the better players to stop never works so ive been trying to let new players know how to get better and to know their character.

Also the youtube/google and looking up on the forums helps but its not enough if they just read it or watch it, and then go play. They have to get the feel of the character and how they work

Sloejean

03-04-2011

Hmm, no offense, but sounds to me like you are the one upset because newbs are not practicing their champions before playing Normal. Hey, don't get me wrong, I hear ya on this. But you gotta keep in mind that this is only Normal and not Ranked. Your Elo doesn't get affected and the only time you should be frustrated in Normal is if you go on a losing streak when all you wanted was a simple First Win of the Day bonus.

Besides, champions in League of Legends is simple enough that picking up a champion isn't too hard (Mastering one is on a HNL, whole 'nother level). There are champions that play similarly in one role. Like Rammus and Amumu. Their main goal in the game is the same: Be the first one to go in. Their laning phase plays out similarly - horribly, mind you, but new players don't know how to jungle and don't have the runes to jungle - and their item builds are more or less the same. As long as they adhere to what worked for them in the past, they shouldn't have trouble transitioning from one to the other.

c4ke333ter

03-05-2011

you sound rude